Varsity Chapter status is conferred on chapters that display a high level of organization and performance. Varsity Chapters receive additional WFAA support and resources. In order to be considered for Varsity Chapter status, the following qualifications must be met:
Fulfill Annual Administrative Requirements
- Establish board leadership consisting of UW–Madison alumni.
- Submit an annual report and board roster.
- Complete all necessary WAA paperwork, including:
- Data Agreement
- Code of Ethics
- Volunteer Expectations
- Hold at least two board meetings annually.
- Create chapter bylaws or a chapter charter, including a leadership succession plan.
- Direct chapter communications through the WFAA email system.
- Use WAA-branded logos and materials for all communications and promotional materials at events.
- Maintain an active local scholarship program.
- Abstain from charging dues.
- Maintain a WFAA-hosted chapter website (domestic chapters only).
Fulfill Annual Event Requirements
- Host a Founders’ Day celebration, if applicable.
- Host a Badger Student Send-Off Celebration, if applicable
- Host two additional events per year, not including game watches.
WAA Support for Varsity Chapters
Varsity Chapters receive all of the support offered to WAA-recognized chapters, plus:
- Program, fundraising, and stewardship support for chapter scholarship programs.
- A chapter website and support.
- Founders’ Day speaker, marketing, and registration support.
- Badger Student Send-Off Celebration marketing and registration support.
- Eligibility for programming grants to fund new events and activities, or to enhance existing ones.
- Eligibility to apply for travel grants for chapter leaders who attend Badger-leaders training events.
- Choice of one custom chapter-identity item.
- One paid registration to attend the annual Badger Leaders Conference.