Badger Leaders News
Badger Leaders Conference June 23–24
Badger Leaders Onboarding
Badger Leaders Onboarding is back! This is a great opportunity for new board members or for anyone who needs a little refresher.
Save the dates for the next three Badger Leaders Onboarding sessions:
- Wednesday, May 25, 5 p.m. CDT
- Wednesday, Aug. 17, noon CDT
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, 8 a.m. CDT
Badger Student Send-Off Celebrations
After three years, we are thrilled to announce that in-person student send-off events are back! Badger Student Send-Off celebrations are a great way to bring together incoming students with current students and alumni to welcome the class of 2026 into the Badger family. This year, in addition to sending email invitations to incoming students, we will also send text messages to domestic students to promote your event. We will send you the number of incoming students from your chapter region at the end of May, which will help you determine whether your group would like to hold an event, as well as help inform your location, cost, and invitation list.
The student send-off event request form will be available in early June. All event submissions will be due six weeks prior to your event date.
We are happy to share that incoming student yard signs are back for a limited time on a first-come, first-served basis. Chapters can order them anytime through this form.
Signs can be distributed in three ways:
- Provide them at student pick-ups. WAA will email local incoming students on your behalf to inform them of where and when they can pick up their signs. If you would like to use this option, please submit a request via the email and event request form.
- Drop them off at local high schools for distribution.
- Give them out at your Badger Student Send-Off Celebration. If you plan on doing this, please indicate accordingly on your student send-off event request form.
Day of the Badger Results
Congratulations on a fantastic Day of the Badger 2022! Thanks to your hard work, chapters and groups raised $133,879 from 564 donors! Don’t forget to thank your donors. Stewardship language can be found in our toolkit.
We are so excited to launch the training for our new hosted group websites. You can find all the training materials here. We kindly ask that you complete the quiz after you finish your training. Once this is done, you will be able to make changes to your website.
Scholarship Fundraising and Stewardship Annual Calendar
We are excited to share our new annual fundraising and stewardship calendar to support your scholarship fundraising efforts. Please review this calendar with your leadership groups so you are familiar with the fundraising opportunities available for your scholarship program.
- January 1: Deadline to deposit money into scholarship funds
- February 15–March 15: Chapter Scholarship Committee to review applicant data
- March 16: Deadline to submit awardees and alternates to WAA via online form
- March 16–21: Notify awardees and alternates
- May 1: Commitment Day!
We have been so impressed with the creativity of chapters around the world as they create virtual events to engage area alumni. In an effort to share these ideas and concepts, we have created a best practices document based on past virtual events. If your chapter hosts a virtual event, please expect a brief survey from your chapter representative to share details about your event. Thank you all for your ongoing enthusiasm, creativity, and engagement during these challenging times.
The rapid developments regarding COVID-19 around the world serve as a stark reminder that the pandemic is not yet over. As it stands right now, we will continue to support in-person events for our alumni groups. We do ask that, as you plan for your events, you continue to prioritize the health and safety of our alumni and friends. WFAA strongly encourages you to wear masks at all in-person events and expects that you will monitor your local conditions and follow any required protocols.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your WAA staff representative.