Recent Changes to the Chapter Scholarship Program
The Chapter Scholarship Program is undergoing major changes. Chapters are encouraged to continue to offer their own scholarship programs, but the match is being phased out over a period of three years. For a brief summary of these changes, read these answers to frequently asked questions.
January Chapter Leader Call
Our next chapter leader call will be Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 3 p.m. central time. If you have any questions prior, please email them to Angela Lillethun.
Founders’ Day Event Detail Submissions
Please submit all event details once confirmed. Submissions are due no later than 8 weeks prior to event date. If you have questions, please contact your chapter representative.
If you have not submitted your topic request, please complete the submission form as soon as possible.
Pinstripe Bowl Game Watch Email
If you are planning a game-watch for the Pinstripe Bowl and would like an email sent, the submission deadline is Monday, Dec. 17 at 12 p.m. CT. Any submissions after the deadline will not be able to be sent. Please plan accordingly.
New Scholarship Timeline
- Nov 1 – Feb 1: Student applications available on Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH)
- February 8 – March 8: Chapters review student scholarship applications
- March 8: Deadline for chapters to submit scholarship recipients online
- March 22: Deadline for Office of Student Financial Aid to apply scholarship awards to student records on WiSH
- May 1: Deadline for students to accept scholarship awards on WiSH
- July 1: Deadline for chapters to deposit funds into their scholarship accounts to cover the awards
If you have questions, please contact your chapter representative.
Chapter Leader Handbook
Local alumni chapters have been an integral part of the Wisconsin Alumni Association® since the first chapter was founded in 1900 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Chapters remain vitally important in supporting an international network through which alumni can stay engaged and connected and can give back to the university.
The mission of Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) chapters is to:
- Welcome: be accessible, hospitable, and responsive
- Connect: serve as a social and professional hub
- Support: encourage alumni to support the UW
- Start a Chapter
- Calendar of Events, Deadlines, and Reminders
- Team Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Position Descriptions — President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
- Team Descriptions — Athletics Team, Awards and Recognition Team, Communications Team, Events Team, Fundraising Team, Professional Networking Team, Scholarship Team, Social Events Team
- Volunteer Recruiting Quick Guide (PDF)
- Chapter Leader Handbook — Online Version or PDF Version
- Example of Chapter Bylaws
- Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement (PDF)
- Liability Factors for Chapters
- WFAA Chapter Event General Release (PDF)
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Alcohol Policy
- Volunteer Alumni Dispute Resolution Policy
- Memorabilia Information and Disclaimer
- Guidelines For Using Bucky Badger Imagery
Events and Programs
- General Event Planning Timeline
- Registration Quick Guide
- Founders’ Day Guide
- Badger Student Send-Off Celebration Quick Guide
- Welcome to the City Quick Guide
- Student Scholarship Quick Guide
- Chapter Scholarship Gift Form Request
- Badger Cafe Quick Guide (PDF)
- Chapter Nametags — Printer Template (Word Doc) and Instructions (PDF)
Monthly Chapter Leader Call
June 2018 – Welcome to the City and Badger Bridge Chapter Leader Group
March 2018 – Call hosted by Purnita Howlader, WAA: Washington, DC Chapter president
September 2017 – Campus Update
August 2017 – Registration and Fall Updates
July 2017 – Welcome to the City and Fall Events
June 2017 – WFAA 2.0
April 2017 – Student Send-off Preperation
March 2017 – Updates on current enrollment trends.
January 2017 – Founders’ Day Best Practices and Awards
December 2016 – Chapter Website Updates
October 2016 – Founders’ Day 2017 Prep
September 2016 – Admissions Update
August 2016 – RE-Wisconsin, Annual Reports, Badger Bridge Chapter Competition
July 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Welcome to the City
June 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Chapter Leader Handbook, The Red Shirt Showdown, Scholarship Update
May 2016 – Student Send-Offs and scholarships
February 2016 – Update from campus Admissions
January 2016 – Founders’ Day messaging
October 2015 – Athletics policies and deadlines
September 2015 – Chapter framework and mission: Welcome, Connect, Support
August 2015 – Welcome to the City
Badger Leaders Conference
October 10–12, 2019
Registration will open, summer of 2019.
Schedule of Events
- Thursday, Oct. 10 | Welcome and Scholarship Reception
- Friday, Oct. 11 | Conference Day
- Saturday, Oct. 12 | Tailgate and Homecoming Game
We have secured a limited number of rooms at the following Madison downtown hotels, available on a first come first served basis.
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
The Doubletree Hotel
Starting at $179/Night
The Fluno Center
Feel free to contact your chapter representative or Jesse James White with any questions.
General Chapter Questions
Please direct chapter-related questions to email@example.com.
Domestic Chapter Questions
- Angela Lillethun ’95, Director of Regional Relations & Volunteer Management
- Nancy Powell, Geographic Outreach Manager
International Chapter Questions
- Lora Klenke ’94, Managing Director, International Alumni Relations
- Jenna Furger, Program Coordinator
Web and Email
- Sam Ryan ’10, Senior Digital Producer
Events and Registration
- Michael O’Brien ’13, Senior Registration Coordinator