Founders’ Day 2020
The topics for this coming Founders’ Day are now available. The form must be completed by November 15. Please reach out to your chapter representative if you have any questions.
If we do not hear from you by December 31, we will assume you are not hosting a Founders’ Day celebration in 2020.
The 2019 Badger football season is rapidly approaching! If you’re planning to hold a Badger football game watch, please submit this form.
The 2019-20 basketball season tipped off on November 1! Please submit your game watch information here!
New Scholarship Timeline
- Nov 1 – Feb 3: Confirm scholarship committee members and submit data agreement forms to WAA for each individual in order to access student data. Student applications available on Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH)
- February 12 – March 12: Review applicant data for incoming freshmen and transfer students and select award winners and alternates.
- March 13: Deadline for chapters to submit scholarship recipients online
- March 14 – March 20: Deadline for chapters to notify student scholarship winners via phone or email.
- Notify alternates and rejections via email.
- May 1: Commitment day! Deadline for students to accept scholarship awards on WiSH
- January 1: Deadline for chapters to deposit funds into their scholarship accounts
- March: Funds will be removed from chapter accounts and credited to students’ tuition bill (covering fall and spring semester)
NOTE: All funds should be deposited into your chapter’s scholarship fund by January.
If you have questions, please contact your chapter representative.
Chapter Leader Handbook
Local alumni chapters have been an integral part of the Wisconsin Alumni Association® since the first chapter was founded in 1900 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Chapters remain vitally important in supporting an international network through which alumni can stay engaged and connected and can give back to the university.
The mission of Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) chapters is to:
- Welcome: be accessible, hospitable, and responsive
- Connect: serve as a social and professional hub
- Support: encourage alumni to support the UW
- Start a Chapter
- Calendar of Events, Deadlines, and Reminders
- Team Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Position Descriptions — President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
- Team Descriptions — Athletics Team, Awards and Recognition Team, Communications Team, Events Team, Fundraising Team, Professional Networking Team, Scholarship Team, Social Events Team
- Volunteer Recruiting Quick Guide (PDF)
- Chapter Leader Handbook — Online Version or PDF Version
- Example of Chapter Bylaws
- Code of Ethics
- Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement (PDF)
- Liability Factors for Chapters
- WFAA Chapter Event General Release (PDF)
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Alcohol Policy
- Volunteer Alumni Dispute Resolution Policy
- Memorabilia Information and Disclaimer
- Guidelines For Using Bucky Badger Imagery
Events and Programs
- General Event Planning Timeline
- Registration Quick Guide
- Founders’ Day Guide
- Badger Student Send-Off Celebration Quick Guide
- Student Scholarship Award Template (PPT Download)
- Chapter Scholarship Gift Form Request
- Badger Cafe Quick Guide (PDF)
- Chapter Nametags — Printer Template (Word Doc) and Instructions (PDF)
- Recognize a Chapter Member — Recognition Certificate
- Badger of the Year Award — Learn More
- Lifetime Achievement Award — Submit a Nominee
- Presidents’ Circle of Excellence Award — Learn More or Submit a Nominee
- Forward under 40 Award — Learn More or Submit a Nominee
- Distinguished Alumni Awards — Learn More or Submit a Nominee
Monthly Chapter Leader Call
April 2019 – Student Send Off
June 2018 – Welcome to the City and Badger Bridge Chapter Leader Group
March 2018 – Call hosted by Purnita Howlader, WAA: Washington, DC Chapter president
September 2017 – Campus Update
August 2017 – Registration and Fall Updates
July 2017 – Welcome to the City and Fall Events
June 2017 – WFAA 2.0
April 2017 – Student Send-off Preperation
March 2017 – Updates on current enrollment trends.
January 2017 – Founders’ Day Best Practices and Awards
December 2016 – Chapter Website Updates
October 2016 – Founders’ Day 2017 Prep
September 2016 – Admissions Update
August 2016 – RE-Wisconsin, Annual Reports, Badger Bridge Chapter Competition
July 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Welcome to the City
June 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Chapter Leader Handbook, The Red Shirt Showdown, Scholarship Update
May 2016 – Student Send-Offs and scholarships
February 2016 – Update from campus Admissions
January 2016 – Founders’ Day messaging
October 2015 – Athletics policies and deadlines
September 2015 – Chapter framework and mission: Welcome, Connect, Support
August 2015 – Welcome to the City
Thank you so much to those who attended this year’s Badger Leaders Conference. It was a jam-packed weekend featuring informative sessions, best practices, and lots of Badger spirit! More than 55 chapter leaders from 40 chapters and 10 countries were in attendance.
Save the date for next year’s conference: October 29-31, 2020. Hotel blocks will be posted soon.
Badger Leaders Conference 2019 presentations:
Day of the Badger – Mark Rein, Heart of Illinois Chapter President
Legal Presentation – Abi Chahak, Director of Legal Affairs
Marketing Presentation – Anida Ho, Senior Marketing Manager
Scholarship Fundraising Plan – Lorna Nagler, Suncoast Chapter President
Scholarship Process – Angela Lillethun, Director of Regional Relations & Volunteer Management
Starting a Chapter like a Startup – Frank Zhang, South China Chapter President
Strength through Diversity – Gia Gallimore, Director of Diverse Alumni Engagement
Strengths Finder – Ryan Tobiasz, D.C. Badgers President
General Chapter Questions
Please direct chapter-related questions to email@example.com.
Domestic Chapter Questions
- Angela Lillethun ’95, Director of Regional Relations & Volunteer Management
- Nancy Powell, Geographic Outreach Manager
- Nathalie McFadden ‘14 , Chapter and Regional Relations Manager
International Chapter Questions
- Lora Klenke ’94, Managing Director, International Alumni Relations
- Aly Theder ‘16 , Program Coordinator
Events and Registration
- Michael O’Brien ’13, Senior Registration Coordinator