Football Game-Watch Emails
The 2019 Badger football season is rapidly approaching! If you’re planning to hold a Badger football game watch, please submit this form. Good luck planning game watch events for the fall — they’re worth the effort!
Annual reports are due September 15. This is your opportunity to tell us about all the great things your chapter is doing. Remember that annual reports are now required for chapters seeking Varsity or Bascom status.
New Scholarship Timeline
- Nov 1 – Feb 1: Student applications available on Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH)
- February 8 – March 8: Chapters review student scholarship applications
- March 8: Deadline for chapters to submit scholarship recipients online
- March 15: Deadline for chapters to notify student scholarship winners
- May 1: Deadline for students to accept scholarship awards on WiSH
- January 1: Deadline for chapters to deposit funds into their scholarship accounts
- March: Funds will be removed from chapter accounts and credited to students’ tuition bill (covering fall and spring semester)
NOTE: All funds should be deposited into your chapter’s scholarship fund by January.
If you have questions, please contact your chapter representative.
Chapter Leader Handbook
Local alumni chapters have been an integral part of the Wisconsin Alumni Association® since the first chapter was founded in 1900 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Chapters remain vitally important in supporting an international network through which alumni can stay engaged and connected and can give back to the university.
The mission of Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) chapters is to:
- Welcome: be accessible, hospitable, and responsive
- Connect: serve as a social and professional hub
- Support: encourage alumni to support the UW
- Start a Chapter
- Calendar of Events, Deadlines, and Reminders
- Team Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Position Descriptions — President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
- Team Descriptions — Athletics Team, Awards and Recognition Team, Communications Team, Events Team, Fundraising Team, Professional Networking Team, Scholarship Team, Social Events Team
- Volunteer Recruiting Quick Guide (PDF)
- Chapter Leader Handbook — Online Version or PDF Version
- Example of Chapter Bylaws
- Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement (PDF)
- Liability Factors for Chapters
- WFAA Chapter Event General Release (PDF)
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Alcohol Policy
- Volunteer Alumni Dispute Resolution Policy
- Memorabilia Information and Disclaimer
- Guidelines For Using Bucky Badger Imagery
Events and Programs
- General Event Planning Timeline
- Registration Quick Guide
- Founders’ Day Guide
- Badger Student Send-Off Celebration Quick Guide
- Student Scholarship Award Template (PPT Download)
- Chapter Scholarship Gift Form Request
- Badger Cafe Quick Guide (PDF)
- Chapter Nametags — Printer Template (Word Doc) and Instructions (PDF)
Monthly Chapter Leader Call
April 2019 – Student Send Off
June 2018 – Welcome to the City and Badger Bridge Chapter Leader Group
March 2018 – Call hosted by Purnita Howlader, WAA: Washington, DC Chapter president
September 2017 – Campus Update
August 2017 – Registration and Fall Updates
July 2017 – Welcome to the City and Fall Events
June 2017 – WFAA 2.0
April 2017 – Student Send-off Preperation
March 2017 – Updates on current enrollment trends.
January 2017 – Founders’ Day Best Practices and Awards
December 2016 – Chapter Website Updates
October 2016 – Founders’ Day 2017 Prep
September 2016 – Admissions Update
August 2016 – RE-Wisconsin, Annual Reports, Badger Bridge Chapter Competition
July 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Welcome to the City
June 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Chapter Leader Handbook, The Red Shirt Showdown, Scholarship Update
May 2016 – Student Send-Offs and scholarships
February 2016 – Update from campus Admissions
January 2016 – Founders’ Day messaging
October 2015 – Athletics policies and deadlines
September 2015 – Chapter framework and mission: Welcome, Connect, Support
August 2015 – Welcome to the City
Badger Leaders Conference 2019
October 9–12, 2019
Get fired up at this energizing conference — just for Wisconsin Alumni Association® chapter leaders like you! Learn best practices for advancing your chapter’s goals, build leadership skills, network with other chapter leaders, meet chapter scholarship recipients, celebrate your shared Badger spirit, and more. Get ready to be empowered during this fun-filled weekend!
Schedule of Events
- Wednesday, Oct. 9 | Pre-Conference Training for International Chapter Leaders
- Thursday, Oct. 10 | Welcome and Scholarship Reception
- Friday, Oct. 11 | Conference Day
- Saturday, Oct. 12 | Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Tailgate
Register by October 2.
Additional program schedule details to come.
Football game tickets will be available for an additional cost on a first-come, first-served basis.
Interested in a travel grant? Apply today!
General Chapter Questions
Please direct chapter-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic Chapter Questions
- Angela Lillethun ’95, Director of Regional Relations & Volunteer Management
- Nancy Powell, Geographic Outreach Manager
- Nathalie McFadden ‘14 , Chapter and Regional Relations Manager
International Chapter Questions
- Lora Klenke ’94, Managing Director, International Alumni Relations
- Aly Theder ‘16 , Program Coordinator
Events and Registration
- Michael O’Brien ’13, Senior Registration Coordinator