The Events committee supports the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) mission by building an inclusive local community of UW alumni and supporters united by Badger pride, spirit, and the desire to advance UW-Madison's positive impact on the world. This committee is responsible for engaging local alumni in a variety of chapter-driven events and works with the Communications committee to promote event opportunities to local alumni through the appropriate channels and in alignment with WAA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate events that build an inclusive local community for alumni and supporters of UW-Madison.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of events based on the interests of chapter members.
- Utilize WAA marketing and event support for chapter-driven events, including registration, event pages, and communication.
- Work with the Communications committee to promote events and encourage alumni participation through web, social media, and chapter communications.
- Understand the WAA mission and purpose of alumni communities.
- Strong affinity to UW-Madison
- Commitment to create an inclusive Badger community
- Ability to maintain communications with WAA
- Ability to stay informed on WAA news, updates, and information through Badger Leaders
- Enthusiasm for organizing and hosting Badger-related events
- Strong organization skills
- Personable and good customer service skills
- Previous event planning experience, a plus
- Creative thinking skills, a plus
- Community service projects: Food drive, beach clean-up, school supply drive, sponsor a family at the holidays, partner with a local non-profit (Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics, Boys & Girls Clubs, local food pantries)
- Holiday events: community concerts, holiday light stroll, Meals on Wheels, serve meals at a soup kitchen, Toys for Tots
- Community events: community theater, community concerts, fairs, festivals
- Excursions: Museums, hiking, behind the scene tours, breweries/wineries, local Badger businesses
- Family friendly events: picnics, ice skating, park/beach excursions