The Communications Team supports the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) mission in implementing Welcome-Connect-Support through communications with alumni to increase awareness and maintain good public relations for the local chapter and WAA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with chapter leadership, chapter teams, and WAA staff to develop an annual communications calendar for the chapter
- Responsible for regularly updating chapter website with local chapter events, WAA news, fundraising opportunities, and other important information
- Works with the event coordinators to advertise and promote events on the website
- Keep an active presence of WAA and of the local chapter on various social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Engage with alumni through social media outlets
- Stay up to date with all local chapter and WAA corporate events to market and communicate to alumni.
- Collaborate with team members and WAA staff to develop content or annual plans.
- Previous work experience in communications and media is a plus
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Organization and planning skills a plus
- Previous work experience involving social media a plus
- Experience with social media outlets a plus
- Excellent written communication skills