The Awards & Recognition Team supports the Wisconsin Alumni Association mission and the local chapter by implanting Welcome-Connect-Support. This team is responsible for recognition the chapter gives to local alumni and oversees the guideline for award recipients. This team works with chapter leadership and WAA to recognize and award local alumni (i.e. Badger of the Year) and recommends engagement opportunities of award recipients afterwards. Additionally, this team may nominate local alumni for national awards (i.e. Forward under 40, Distinguished Alumni) as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep up to date on WAA award and recognition guidelines for Badger of the Year, Distinguished Alumni, Forward under 40, and Lifetime Achievement awards.
- Submit all necessary paperwork and submission forms to WAA
- Nominate and/or select recipients for chapter and WAA awards
- Work with chapter leadership and WAA staff as necessary to plan recognition events for meaningful award presentations
- Enthusiasm for organizing and hosting Badger-related events
- Previous event planning experience a plus
- Organizational skills a plus
- Communication skills a plus
- Knowledge of current events in your community (as it pertains to Badgers) is helpful