University of Wisconsin Foundation (UWF) d/b/a the Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association (WFAA) and Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) (a division of WFAA), may provide you with an opportunity to receive information related to the University of Wisconsin, UWF, WFAA, WAA, or other messages and offers (e.g., gift confirmations, event notifications, and registration reminders) on your mobile telephone. You opt in to this program by texting us, providing your mobile telephone number on a web page specifically related to sending you Short Message Service (SMS) messages (commonly called “text messages”), or by signing up through an application on your mobile device or other web application.
By opting in, you consent and agree to the following:
- To receiving autodialed, marketing and non-marketing text messages at the telephone number you provided, including text messages.
By opting in, you also consent and agree to be bound by the following additional program terms and conditions:
- Opting in is not a condition of making a gift to UWF or participating in UWF, WFAA, or WAA events or programs.
- You are a resident of the United States and 18 years of age or older. WFAA reserves the right to require you to prove that you are at least 18 years of age.
- You are the account holder for the mobile telephone number(s) that you provide. You are responsible for notifying WFAA immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-443-6162 if you change your mobile telephone number.
- You can opt out from future message at any time by texting STOP to UW1848 (891848) from your mobile phone. By opting out of receiving these messages you are opting out from receiving all text messages from WFAA. You agree that if you opt out from future messages we may send you a one-time opt-out confirmation text message.
- To get help or support, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-443-6162. You may also request our contact information at any time by texting HELP to UW1848 (891848) from your mobile phone.
- Standard carrier message and data rates may apply. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for sending and receiving text messages. WFAA does not impose a separate fee for messages it might send.
- Delivery of messages may fail due to a variety of circumstances or conditions. You understand and acknowledge that network services, including but not limited to mobile network services, are outside of WFAA‘s control, and WFAA is not responsible or liable for issues arising from them. Wireless carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- This text messaging program may not be available on all wireless carriers. The program is currently available on AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, US Cellular, Cricket, Boost, Virgin Mobile, and other carriers. WFAA may add or remove carriers at any time without notice.
- You understand that message frequencies may vary.
- WFAA may suspend or terminate your receipt of text messages if it believes you are in breach of these SMS Terms and Conditions. Your receipt of WFAA text messages is also subject to termination in the event that your mobile telephone service terminates or lapses. WFAA reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of text messages, with or without notice.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, your use of this program under these SMS Terms and Conditions is governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
- You agree to release from liability and hold harmless UWF, WFAA, and WAA, along with their officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, insurers, licensees, and all individuals associated with the program, (collectively referred to as the “Releasees”), from any and all (known or unknown) liability, claims, causes of action, relief, damages, losses, fees, and costs, of any type or nature whatsoever (including negligence), arising out of or relating to the program. You agree to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from anyone who does sue or make such claims against them, including claims caused in whole or in part by your failure to notify WFAA if you change your telephone number.