The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) is looking for a creative video production and editing specialist to join their team.
Smart, inspired, and strategic, this shooter/editor is passionate about storytelling through video. This visual storyteller will be working on multiple brands across a wide-range of programs all with a singular mission — advancing UW–Madison as one of the world’s greatest universities.
This cinematographer will create videos for university-related marketing campaigns and social media, while collaborating with teams across WFAA to concept, develop, and execute moments that matter, including leading pre-production, production and post-production.
- Inspired aesthetic and robust samples of smart conceptually-led work
- Field production: shooting, lighting and audio recording
- Post production: video editing, sound mixing, and motion graphics
- Footage and project organization
- Creative contribution to brainstorms, video concepts and production approaches
- In tune with technological and industry trends
- Commanding presentation skills to show your work and sell it
- Great attitude — how we get the work done is as important as the work we do; positivity and can-do attitude required
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage video projects from start through completion including: story development, research, location scouting, staging, recording and post-production editing.
- Oversee original story/program concepts for video content; determine angle of story to ensure originality and creativity of final product.
- Work with Marketing and other colleagues to develop timely and relevant content.
- Conduct research, including personal interviews, to obtain information necessary to plan story lines.
- Capture material for production using video equipment; determine technical and creative decisions regarding such elements as lighting, shooting angles, type and placement of microphones, audio needs, locations and use of movement.
- Manage video shoots and work with vendors to articulate creative direction and style.
- Shoot photos for print and digital projects when no contract photographer is assigned.
- Manage online digital assets management system including importation, tagging, categorization and rating of new and existing assets. Provide staff training as necessary.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of department video and photographic equipment and train staff members on use when necessary.
- Oversee use, storage and inventory of department video and photographic equipment.
- Advise vendors and venues on audio/visual production logistics for events.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent with formal training in video production, audio/visual and office technology required.
- 2 + years of experience in video production and digital photography.
- High language skills, intermediate mathematical skills, high reasoning ability.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and other production/multimedia programs; Microsoft Office.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to organize, multitask and meet very distinct deadlines while expressing a high degree of creativity.
- Excellent oral and written skills and high degree of administrative skill.
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and judgment in creative endeavors.
This is a full time, exempt position, reporting to the Managing Director, Creative. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit program.
To apply, please submit reel, and cover letter and resume in a single attachment .
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com.