The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Receptionist. This position is the first point of contact for UW alumni, donors and friends visiting in person or seeking information via phone or email about engagement opportunities and university activities. The receptionist provides excellent and attentive customer service at one of two reception desks in the Below Alumni Center; responds promptly, courteously and discreetly to inquiries; manages company resources; and provides support and program execution to organizational leadership and teams within the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Reception and Customer Service
- Managing the smooth and professional operation of the reception desk.
- Open and close the reception office and Wisconsin Alumni Association building.
- Independently manage a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external constituents; providing exceptional customer service and seeking resolution to inquiries in an efficient and pleasant manner
- Be the first point of contact for alumni, constituents, and customers via in-person, telephone, or email inquiries by enthusiastically greeting and assisting visitors; provide requested information, take messages, etc.
- Help make invited guests comfortable upon arrival and direct them appropriately
- Maintain a welcoming atmosphere and clean, tidy public areas, ensuring professional presentation at all times
- In coordination with colleagues, work to maintain safety protocol of lobby areas
- Maintain security of the building by ensuring door security during non-business hours and monitor lobby entrance during business hours while at reception desk
- Assist customers with uwalumni.com email account services
- Track and oversee reserved parking lot spaces while working at reception desk
- Positively represent WFAA and the university to internal and external constituencies
Administrative and General Operations Support
- Fulfill material and collateral needs for a wide variety of events and activities
- Draft routine correspondence as requested
- Learn and effectively utilize organizational and administrative policies, processes and software systems
- Process alumni profile information updates in the CRM database (ABE)
- 6 + months experience in a receptionist / customer service setting.
- Intermediate language, basic mathematical, intermediate reasoning ability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail clients and database system; ability to learn new applications as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact well with people of diverse backgrounds; team-oriented and resourceful; actively seeks solutions; ability to work with a large degree of independence; Good organizational and office skills; ability to juggle multiple tasks; ability to handle pressure in a fast paced and ever changing environment; ability to make independent decisions, answer tough customer service questions; and respond appropriately, patiently and professionally.
This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week. We offer an excellent work environment as well as competitive pay and benefits.
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at firstname.lastname@example.org.