The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an experienced Prospect Development Manager. The Prospect Development Manager directs a team of Prospect Development professionals and assists the Senior Managing Director in driving quality and innovation in prospect (potential donor) development.
Prospect Development Operations
- Provide leadership for Prospect Development Consultative services.
- Prioritize, assign and monitor progress of Prospect Management requests and projects.
- Represent Prospect Management and RPM in Advancement and Development functions.
- Serve as Prospect Management functional lead for CRM, keeping current on new features and participating in future system development.
- Perform routine and ad hoc prospect development functions,
including but not limited to:
- Consult with development clients in regular portfolio review meetings to advise on portfolio composition, discuss portfolio activity and prospect identification needs.
- Collaborate with RPM Team members to identify, evaluate and recommend assignment and qualification of the University’s top prospects.
- Coordinate with business intelligence and analytics teams to deploy systems to help enhance prospect management strategies and reporting for success in all stages of development.
- Implement prospect management strategies, business processes and protocols, specifically those activities focused on informing and motivating prospect activity.
- Serve as subject matter expert on prospect management policies and system processes, providing training to development clients as needed.
- Develop, document and maintain a schedule of regular data audit tasks to ensure that prospect management data is optimized for portfolio management and organizational reporting.
Human Resources Management
Recruit, interview and select highly talented and qualified staff for open positions.
- Orient, train, mentor, coach and develop staff members, encouraging an appropriate level of independence and supporting professional growth.
- Identify the current and long-term development/training needs of individuals and groups, and provide or facilitate
access to appropriate development experiences.
- Establish and monitor performance measures and take steps needed to ensure staff meet or exceed the established goals.
- Ensure that relationship between Prospect Development Analysts and their clients and colleagues are successful.
Research & Prospect Management Operational Support
- Work with Senior Managing Director to identify and implement improvements to policy, procedure, training, best
practices and reporting.
- Provide input to annual budget for subscription tools and oversee their usage.
- 3 + years of experience in prospect management, or equivalent experience in sales or information related field within an academic, nonprofit, or corporate environment.
- 1 + year of leadership/supervisory experience with direct reports required.
- Program management, and training experience preferred.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Familiarity with using a variety of online databases and internet search tools, and capacity to become fluent in SQL, Blackbaud CRM Query, Export and Batch update
procedures is required.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Blackbaud CRM or Raiser’s Edge; understanding of information management in a database structure, particularly the ability to store, manipulate and retrieve data; ability and expertise in discerning data quality discrepancies that require further investigation; experience with SQL and/or relational databases to perform queries and create reports (working knowledge of Blackbaud CRM Query and/or Microsoft Access or similar) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross functional team and manage a service-oriented prospect development program.
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at firstname.lastname@example.org.