Want to work in an exciting space on campus? Apply to be a part of the Alumni Relations & Engagement team at the Wisconsin Alumni Association! This position works in close partnership with Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association staff, the Wisconsin Union, and Campus and Visitor Relations staff. This is a limited term employee position through December 31, 2019. Duties include: providing customer service at reception desks; being first point of contact for alumni, constituents, and customers, both in person, via telephone and email; managing company resources; providing support and program execution to the various teams within the organization; providing facility and operational support for events and visitor services. This position will also provide facility and operational maintenance support and be part of a rotating group working the visitor center during evening events and weekend hours.
Reception and Customer Service
- Provide exceptional visitor and information services to all visitors while managing the operation of the reception desk. Be the first point of contact for alumni, constituents, and customers via in-person, telephone, or email inquiries by enthusiastically greeting and assisting visitors; provide requested information, take messages, and contact appropriate personnel upon arrival or direct guest to appropriate area.
- Responsible for upkeep, cleanliness, and coordination of visitor areas; maintain literature and information racks for visitors. Ensure a professional and tidy desk and public space presentation at all times.
- Work in coordination with Alumni Services team to maintain safety protocol of lobby areas. Maintain security of the building by ensuring door security during non-business hours and monitor lobby entrance during business hours while at reception desk.
- Open and close the reception office and Wisconsin Alumni Association building.
- Process alumni profile information updates in the official alumni database (ABE).
- Assist customers with uwalumni.com email account services.
Event and Visitor Services
- Provide event execution (event set-up, event assistance, event tear down) of events, activities and meetings in Alumni Park, One Alumni Place, and the Alumni Center building.
- Monitor progress of operational projects assigned to part-time staff.
- Coordinate delivery of event and visitor services for internal WFAA teams and with campus and external partners. Available to work or be on-call on scheduled evenings and weekends to assist with visitor services and event execution for events and engagement programs.
Administrative and General Operations
- Support daily operations of the facilities and Alumni & Relations Engagement division needs with support from part-time staff.
- Ability to operate building equipment and systems, including basic troubleshooting.
- Receive and resolve internal staff facility needs and assist in overseeing the maintenance and mechanical needs of the Alumni Center, Alumni Park, Goodspeed Family Pier and the rooftop deck. This involves working with campus and external contractors.
- 6+ months experience in a receptionist/customer service setting. Previous building operations/maintenance experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail clients and database system; ability to learn new applications as required.
- Good organizational, office and communication skills; ability to interact well with people of diverse backgrounds; team-oriented and resourceful; ability to work with a large degree of independence; ability to juggle multiple tasks; ability to handle pressure in a fast paced and ever changing environment; ability to make independent decisions and answer tough customer service questions.
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at firstname.lastname@example.org.