The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is recruiting for an experienced marketing professional to join the marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing marketing support and intelligence by leading the execution of marketing plans to achieve specific business goals, drive engagement/advancement, and promote the WAA, UWF and UW brands. This role ensures successful and timely completion of projects through utilization of project management software and ensures all activities support the WFAA’s mission and the program’s strategic direction.
Lead the execution of marketing strategy touchpoints
- Develop detailed tactical plans for use by the cross-functional teams for each campaign and communications vehicle.
- Establish centralized coordination of all project management processes using appropriate tools.
- Communicate project requirements, priorities and schedules to all parties involved.
- Review and advise on creative marketing materials.
- Coordinate development, production and delivery of marketing collateral.
- Manage the integration of “modern campaign” development–next-generation and integrated marketing communication strategies and programs.
- Ensure seamless integration across channels.
- Proactively identify project issues and seek out solutions.
Monitor and track key performance indicators
- Run performance reports and work with the Marketing team and Annual Giving team to measure direct mail success.
- Work with registration unit and database managers to establish monitoring system and data transfer processes.
Synthesize and mine relevant data to help inform insights
- Assist in coordinating the flow of data/information between internal teams and external partners.
- Collect and summarize qualitative and quantitative customer data from multiple sources.
- Mine and research secondary sources including, but not limited to, social media channels, consumer feedback channels, and industry/trend reports.
- Identify trends related to consumer experience and variations across time periods, geographies, and customer segments.
Assist in process and development of marketing plans and strategies
- Deliver appropriate business rationale and analysis to support specific program / event / communication opportunities.
- Identify target audiences and develop segmented list criteria for marketing communications.
- Assist in the development of marketing and creative briefs.
- Explore opportunities and ideas for cross-channel development.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years of experience in marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices, brand value, and marketing strategies and tactics, including writing and developing marketing plans.
- Past experience with or the desire to learn about annual giving and direct response marketing.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of and passion for UW-Madison and higher education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database systems
- Collaboration/Teamwork and Building Partnerships/Coalitions: Recognizes and capitalizes on the contributions and strengths of others internally and externally. Willingly shares knowledge and initiates knowledge transfer. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team as opposed to working separately or competitively. Volunteers to help co-workers meet deadlines.
- Identifies shared and complimentary interests, establishes a basis of trust and good will, and develops clear frameworks for partnering to avoid misunderstandings. Consistently treats people with respect and dignity. Delivers and receives feedback objectively for the good of the team and project.
- Results/Goal Orientation: Demonstrates a concern for achieving results and/or meeting goals against internal and external standards of excellence. Focuses on results not just activities or long hours. Shows a strong drive to follow through with and complete what one starts. Sets high personal standards for performance. Accepts and adapts to mentorship and guidance for professional development.
- Analytical Thinking and Planning & Organizing: Uses logical, systematic reasoning to understand, analyze, and solve problems.
- Identifies the component parts of a problem and develops effective solutions based on likely costs and benefits.
- Initiative and Innovation: Asks for and accepts important assignments and increased responsibility. Knows when to act alone and when to seek counsel. Seeks feedback from internal and external contacts. Explores and integrates diverse perspectives and recognizes unexpected opportunities.
This is a full time, exempt position reporting to a Marketing Manager. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at email@example.com.