The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an International Alumni Relations Program Intern. This position will assist with program planning and communications under the International Alumni Relations area. Responsibilities include a variety of tasks related to market research and data analysis, event planning and communications. Knowledge of social media platforms such as WeChat is desirable in addition to having an interest in learning various aspects of international relations.
This is a part-time, nonexempt position reporting to the Managing Director, International Alumni Relations and runs from September 2019 to May 2020. The starting hourly rate is $11 per hour, for an approximate total of 10-20 hours per week out of the Wisconsin Alumni Association located at 650 N. Lake Street, Madison, WI 53506.
Core responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Market Research & Data Analysis
- Perform various research searches using various search engines and business research tools
- Compile data in spreadsheets for analysis
- Draft reports and executive summaries
- Perform analysis of program metrics
- Perform data entry tasks
- Understand program objectives to conduct research that will increase alumni engagement
Marketing & Communication
- Assist in deploying social media tactics for international alumni
- Draft correspondence to various international alumni audience
- Create social media posts
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with coordinating campus events for international alumni
- Prepare event space and assist with set up/tear down
- Propose ideas to improve event quality
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites
- Strong writing skills
- Competency in a second language, preferably Mandarin Chinese
- Strong knowledge of WeChat
- Research acumen
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Ability to multi task and prioritize Strong market research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a small team environment
- Disciplined self-starter who regularly sets and achieves work goal
- Ability to work 10 -20 hours / week between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm
- Must have or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States
This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with significant experience living in a country other than the US. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Some college coursework completed and currently enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.