The Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association’s (WFAA) Digital Marketing team is growing and we’re recruiting for a Digital Experience Strategist with demonstrated success in user experience design. The ideal candidate will be able to confidently lead the discovery phase of digital projects to surface business requirements and users’ needs, and then seamlessly transition into the design and development phases – working with our Creative team to translate discovery findings into an effective digital experience through wireframes and prototypes, and our developers to bring projects to life.
Our digital products portfolio includes static “micro-sites”, large and complex sites with a variety of content areas, and web apps that process millions of dollars of revenue. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work on a breadth of projects and platforms, running the gamut of WFAA’s program areas. Collaboration and strong communication skills will be crucial to success in this role as the successful candidate navigates work with business partners, web developers, and graphic designers.
In addition to the discovery and digital strategy work central to this role, we’ll look to the successful candidate to take the lead on monitoring web analytics for our sites and to develop a comprehensive understanding of how our visitors interact with our digital properties. She/he will translate this data and knowledge into actionable reports for WFAA teams and senior leadership.
If you understand how to find insights in users’ behaviors, enjoy strategizing on user interface concepts, and like to ask “what if we tried this?”, then you might be the person we’re looking for. This role is on WFAA’s Digital Marketing team and reports to the Digital Experience and Production Manager.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Digital Experience Projects
- Define and lead discovery phase of digital projects including identifying/selecting which testing/research methods will best answer questions about user/business needs based on a projects’ needs, goals, and constraints.
- As part of digital discovery, conduct research including, but not limited to interviews, observation, usability testing, card sorting, focus groups, and surveys.
- Lead the development of requirements and design documents for digital projects, including discovery findings reports for project stakeholders and WFAA leadership.
- Help teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop information architecture, sitemaps, personas, use cases, user journeys, and other project artifacts/deliverables.
- Collaborate with colleagues to design low, medium and high fidelity wireframes and prototypes as part of an iterative digital design process.
- ·Run usability tests and perform other usability assessments as appropriate to assess existing and new digital products.
- Maintain and promote a high standard of design, usability, and accessibility for web content.
Digital Analytics & Reporting
- Develop a high-level of expertise in Google Analytics and serve as an in-house expert on Google Analytics configuration and reporting.
- Monitor and analyze Google Analytics and other data sources. Leverage findings to ensure that web content and web applications are effective in supporting organizational priorities.
- Develop reports, based on quantitative and qualitative data/feedback, illustrating the performance of digital properties. Publish these reports on an ongoing basis for use by WFAA teams and senior leadership.
- Consult with WFAA teams regarding web traffic and effectiveness of marketing campaigns through all channels leading to digital properties.
- Collaborate with WFAA and campus colleagues to develop effective strategies for communication and marketing goals/conversion through WFAA’s websites.
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues on best practices, technical implementations and business practices related to website content and design.
- Advocate for the end user of the product or service, understanding their needs and desires.
- Recommend digital solutions that meet business objectives based on customer/business insights and data.
- Research and advise on latest technologies. Pilot new technologies as appropriate.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- The transforming impact of the University of Wisconsin-Madison;
- The treatment of all with high ethical and behavioral standards including honesty, integrity, respect, courtesy and dignity;
- The spirit, involvement, participation, engagement and impact of alumni and friends with the UW-Madison and with each other;
- The joy of giving and the power of philanthropy;
- The interdependent nature of all aspects of the Parties’ collective relationships in fulfilling their missions; and
- The highest level of stewardship of the investment of donors’ philanthropy in support of the UW-Madison and the relationships and trust accrued through alumni development and engagement activities.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to understand marketing strategy and apply it to website and application deliverables.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Prior experience with a variety of user research skills, methods, and deliverables (e.g., interviews, observation, usability testing, card sorting, focus groups, surveys, etc.).
- Experience creating a variety of user experience or service design deliverables (e.g., information architecture, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, personas, use cases, user journeys, service blueprints, content strategies, and project documentation).
- Experience working with complex user needs and organizational requirements.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously with different deadlines and stakeholders.
- Experience facilitating sessions (e.g. workshops, design sprints) with a variety of stakeholders at multiple levels and in multiple roles (e.g. technologists to senior leaders).
- Experience with Adobe XD or similar wireframing/prototyping platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics and familiarity with Google Data Studio or other reporting platforms.
- Ability to thrive working on collaborative, iterative design and development projects.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at firstname.lastname@example.org.