The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an experienced administrative professional to join a team responsible for planning and executing development programs on behalf of various campus units. Responsibilities for this position include donor and campus relations, stewardship, prospect management, and office administration. The Development Program Specialist has significant contact with faculty, staff, alumni, and other donors to the University.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Donor and Campus Relations
- Serve as primary liaison to campus partners, working to build mutually beneficial relationships, improve communication and collaborative teamwork, and increase campus understanding of the development process.
- Coordinate fund administration process, including all activities related to the creation, documentation, notification, review, and stewardship of unit funds.
- In coordination with events team, plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events designed to identify and cultivate new prospects and build relationships with existing donors. Ensure that appropriate data is entered into ABE during event follow-up.
- Actively participate in meetings and other activities with campus partners that support unit development efforts.
- Provide directors of development with materials as requested in preparation for donor visits and appropriate follow-up in CRM, etc.
- Assist directors of development with donor visits to campus, including on-site logistics, greeting and hosting guests, and responding to miscellaneous needs as they arise.
- Assist directors of development and campus partners with the preparation of materials, managing logistics, etc. for departmental and unit boards of visitors meetings (if applicable)
- Respond to donor and campus questions regarding unit gifts and funds, identifying those inquiries, requests, or issues that require additional review and action.
- Assist directors of development with the preparation, signature routing, and final distribution of gift legal documentation (e.g. Memoranda of Agreements, Fund Operation Agreements, Pledge Agreements, etc.) in accordance with established WFAA business processes.
- Prepare gift, milestone, and other acknowledgements for assigned team members.
- Coordinate and distribute routine gift reports.
- Coordinate and manage the gift impact reporting.
- Work with directors of development to assist in reviewing and implementing new opportunities for donor engagement.
- Work with the business intelligence team as needed, refine and customize donor lists for special mailings, invitations, donor recognition, etc.
- Assist directors of development with other prospect and donor stewardship activities as required.
Prospect Data Management
- Pull BI self-service reports. Work with unit prospect pool identified by the research and prospect management team to assist directors of development in qualification and portfolio management.
- Maintain contact updates, donor biographic information, and other constituent management duties.
- Work with Research to request profile and capacity information.
- Maintain advisory board memberships, donor recognition society memberships, and other affiliated groups.
- Work with unit prospect development analyst to ensure that development director portfolios are accurate and up to date.
- Serve as a resource for DODs on portfolio management best practices, including how to use ABE.
- Coordinate the direct mailing of solicitations, announcements, event invitations and provide development support for advanced administrative needs when necessary or appropriate (i.e. travel and expense reports, scheduling meetings with multiple constituents and various needs requirements, etc.).
- Suggest areas for process improvement and assist in improvement implementation.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- High school graduate required. Post high school training, college degree, or equivalent preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional work experience in a dynamic, team-orientated environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High degree of familiarity with online communities, social media and the Internet;
- High level proficiency with MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Previous database reporting and experience with constituent relationship management software preferred;
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility and ability to work with loosely defined parameters.
- Strong ability and high comfort with writing projects;
- Strong team player who also has the ability to prioritize and work with a high degree of independence;
- High degree of customer service skills;
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Highly organized, close attention to details, and a willingness to do what it takes to find an answer;
This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week. We offer an excellent work environment as well as competitive pay and benefits.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled, so apply now.