The Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting a Data Analytics Intern. This position will work as part of the Data Analytics team to provide data insights in support of the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association business processes.
- Data extraction and transformation
- Quantitative analysis (e.g. AB testing in email, aggregating and presenting findings from exploratory data analysis)
- Data labeling to create modeling data sets (e.g. labeling sentiment for text data, job title categories, company industry, philanthropic interest categories)
- Statistics/Economics/Mathematics/Engineering/Computer Science or other Quantitative background
- Familiarity with linear and logistic regression and other statistical techniques (e.g. t-tests, chi-squared test, ANOVA)
- Familiarity with basic data transformations (e.g. center and scaling, log-scaling, binning and bucketing)
- Some familiarity working with databases/SQL, R and/or Python, Excel
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Team player, attention to detail, motivation to learn new technologies and develop business understanding
This is a 10-20 hours per week position with flexible hours, Monday through Friday, between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to:
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.