The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an Associate Director of Development that will have primary responsibility for qualifying major gift and planned giving prospects, and soliciting leadership annual gifts for the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing.
Established in 1924, the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing has a long and distinguished history as a national leader in nursing education and research and innovative practice models leveraging technology to support and improve human health. As a “top 20” school and the leading nursing research institution in Wisconsin, the School of Nursing plays a crucial role in the state’s health care system.
The School of Nursing is led by Dean Linda Scott and its development efforts are led by an advancement team that oversees development, alumni relations, and communications efforts for the school. The development professional hired into this position will be a member of the School of Nursing advancement team and will be instrumental in the school’s fundraising efforts. The Associate Director of Development will work in a collaborative effort to accomplish the following objectives:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the Dean and the advancement team to advance the key philanthropic priorities of the school;
- Identifying and qualifying new prospects (major gift, planned gift and leadership annual gift) in the areas of student support, educational innovation, faculty support, research and innovation.
- Cultivating and soliciting prospects for philanthropic support of the school’s priorities, and to develop and initiate strategies to enhance donor stewardship;
- Working with colleagues on major gift strategies and referrals;
- Assisting with strategic events and special projects;
- Developing and maintaining effective internal and external communications;
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Development and advancement team to further engage the School of Nursing Board of Visitors.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- 1 + year in gift development / fundraising experience or a related area.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills required;
- Appreciation of the vital role played by School of Nursing and an interest in promoting its programs as well as an ability to work effectively with university officials and prominent alumni and donors;
- Ability to articulate the case for private support with sufficient effectiveness so that individuals understand the vision and strategy of the school and choose to invest in the vision;
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial, ability to work independently, and as a member of an effective development team;
- Experience and demonstrated success in fundraising or related activities;
- Ability to meet travel requirements.
The Associate Director of Development reports to a Managing Senior Director of Development at the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association. This is a full-time position involving travel. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program!
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at firstname.lastname@example.org.