Each year the University of Wisconsin Mile-High Alumni Chapter is able to give partial tuition support for many Colorado students studying at UW-Madison. The grants have ranged from $500 to $1,500 per student per year. The amount available each year depends on the success of local fund-raising efforts.
During the past twenty-seven years, the Mile-High Chapter has supported 90 different students. The total amount contributed by the local chapter during that time is $115,325. With matching support from the University of Wisconsin Foundation and Bascom Chapter Status Scholarship Awards, we have been able to award $230,650 in scholarship support. The scholarships have been renewable and students have received total grants of up to $5,750 over a five-year period.
University of Wisconsin Mile-High Alumni Chapter
Scholarship Report 2017-18
This report summarizes the scholarship activity of the University of Wisconsin Mile-High Alumni Chapter during the twenty-seven years since 1989-1990.
- Total funds contributed by the Chapter: $115,325 for an average annual contribution of $4,271.
- $3,000 was contributed during 2017-2018.
- Total scholarship dollars awarded using matching funds and Bascom Scholarship from the University of Wisconsin Foundation: $230,650 for average annual awards of $8,542.
- Scholarship support has been awarded to ninety (90) individuals through an average total award per student of $2,562.78. The range of total awards per student is $450 to $5,750.
- Range of Total Awards Number
|Less than $1,000||9|
|$4,000 or more||12|
Renewal of Scholarship Awards
Six students supported by the UW Mile-High Chapter during Academic Year 2017-2018.
|Kaila Sam||Freshman||Silver Creek High School|
|Samuel Hermanstorfer||Sophomore||Castle View High School|
|Rachel Lehrman||Sophomore||Rock Canyon High School|
|Patrick Sloan||Sophomore||Rock Canyon High School|
|Emily Kohn||Junior||Highlands Ranch High School|
|Haley Shapiro||Junior||Denver Jewish Day School|