Read about our scholarship recipients below. From incoming freshmen yearning to buy their first textbook to seniors looking towards their future, you’ll have an opportunity to see how the WAA: Chicago Chapter Scholarship dollars are helping create the future for fellow Badgers.
Current Scholarship Recipients (2020-21)
- Akansha Gupta – Biochemistry and Computer Science – Naperville
- Billy Griffiths – Biology and Economics – Mokena
- Madeline Mortell – Marketing, certificates in Digital Studies, Spanish for Business and Dance – Chicago
- Kristen Schill – Biomedical Engineering – Bartlett
- Angie Chartrand – Kinesiology, certificates in Spanish and Psychology – Naperville
- Emma Dahl – Biomedical Engineering, certificate in French – Brookfield
- Parker Jo McGuire – Biology, certificate in French – Downers Grove
- Olivia Thompson – Environmental Science and French – Chicago
- Panagiotis Drosos – Economics – Highland Park
- Angeline Godinez – La Grange
- Lexi Hugdahl – Marketing, certificate in Spanish – Libertyville
- Maya Knotts – Computer Science, certificate in Business – Naperville
- Maggie Vear – Western Springs
- Maria Rivera - Intended major: Animal Sciences - Hinsdale
- Anastasia Wysocki - Intended major: Biomedical Engineering - Chicago
- Lucy Ault - Intended major: Animal Sciences - Chicago
- Alec Cornelio - Intended major: Biology - Grayslake
The following Mercile J. Lee scholarship recipients will receive an annual $800 book stipend from the WAA: Chicago chapter:
- Olivia Prudhomme - Naperville
- Nalysa Garcia - Addison
- Zoey Kue - Antioch
- Malachi Clark - Glendale Heights
- Michael Dinh - South Barrington
- Camille Rivera - Deerfield
- Martina Napoli - Highland Park
- Alejandro Vazquez - Chicago
- Ailyn Esquivel - Evergreen Park
- Alma Ceron - Chicago
Harvey Clements Award
The Harvey Clements Award is given to the senior with the highest cumulative grade point average.
The award recognizes the life-long contributions of Mr. Harvey Clements. Harvey was a mentor, a dear friend and a former chairman of this Scholarship Program. We are here today due to Harvey’s leadership and vision.
Harvey Clement Award recipient: Cara Stanker
Alice Cox Scholarship
The Alice Cox Scholarship is given to one female student of color who represents the chapter with great leadership and academic excellence. Named for a close family friend of the Steven Sills family who bequeathed a large portion of their estate to help deserving young students pursue their dreams and attend the University of Wisconsin.
Alice Cox scholarship recipient: Calice Robins
Ernie Suhr Award
Ernie Suhr was a long-time member of the scholarship committee and active member of the chapter well into his 90s. He had an incredible wit and spirit that we all will remember. This award recognizes academic achievement, leadership, and citizenship.
Ernie Suhr Award recipient: Kristen Schill
Rothschild Study Abroad Scholarship
Almost 20 year ago, the WAA: Chicago chapter established a special scholarship for students wishing to study abroad. The initial seed money came from the estate of Bob Rothschild, a great Badger from Chicago, and a former member of our Scholarship Committee. Rothschild-Study Abroad Scholarships are awarded each year to Chicago area students. Current scholarship recipients receive preferential treatment.
Rothschild Study Abroad Scholarship recipients: Abigail Cripps and Marissa Rogoff