Celebrate the thrill of UW Homecoming at this family-friendly event. With spirited activities and festivities around every turn, you’ll burst with Badger pride from the moment you arrive. Then, feel your excitement soar even higher during the pep rally featuring the UW Marching Band and UW Spirit Squad, followed by a show-stopping fireworks display (weather permitting). This drop-in extravaganza, held rain or shine, has been entertaining Badgers of all ages since 2017. And this year, you can expect even bigger Badger fun because the UW is also celebrating its 175th anniversary.
|6 p.m.||UW Homecoming Parade presented by the Wisconsin Union and the Wisconsin Homecoming Committee|
|7 p.m.||Block Party begins (immediately following the parade)|
|8:15–8:45 p.m.||Pep Rally on the Memorial Union Terrace stage|
|8:45–9 p.m.||Fireworks over Lake Mendota (weather permitting)|
- DJay Mando (Armando Saafir ’16) spinning tunes on the Terrace stage
- Silent disco with DJ Ace (Vanessa McDowell ’03), DJ Mike Carlson ’88, and DJ Nick Nice ’92
- Performances by The MadHatters A Cappella
- Face painting and glitter tattoos from Funny Faces Family Entertainment
- 360° photo booth
- Flower crown making with Allen Centennial Garden
- Stargazing with telescopes from Washburn Observatory (weather permitting)
- Hot cocoa and cider refreshments
- UW-themed trivia with festive prizes
- UW Homecoming Pep Rally featuring the UW Marching Band led by Corey Pompey, UW Spirit Squad, an appearance by Bucky Badger, and special guests
- Fireworks over Lake Mendota (weather permitting)
There are numerous campus parking ramps near One Alumni Place and Alumni Park. Lot 6, the Helen C. White Library Parking Garage, is located across the street from Memorial Union at 600 N. Park Street. Lot 46, at the corner of Lake Street and Johnson Street, is also a good option, as is the State Street Campus Garage at 415 N. Lake Street. Visit the UW’s visitor parking page for more information, parking maps, locations, and hours.
The Wisconsin Alumni Association will hold this event in accordance with all local public health guidance. Mask usage is welcome but not required. Participants who are sick are asked to stay home to help keep our Badger community safe and healthy. If conditions require a change to this event, you will be notified via email or phone call.