We sing! And we love to sport our Badger red fashions. Get ready to do both during the UW Band Celebration, the featured event during WAA’s Member Appreciation Month starting at 6 p.m. CDT. This free, online event offered only to Wisconsin Alumni Association members is going to be music to your ears — especially for those who haven’t been able to attend the band’s annual spring concert in the past. You’ll enjoy specially recorded segments that’ll highlight our appreciation for all WAA members and bring the spirit of the band to you.
Schedule of Events
- Welcome from Sarah Schutt, WAA chief alumni officer and executive director
- Live conversation and Q & A with Dr. Corey Pompey, associate director of bands
- World premiere of four musical numbers by the UW band recorded exclusively for this event
- Live audience Q & A with Dr. Pompey
- Final performance of the evening: “Varsity”
Toast to Your Badger Spirit
In addition to enjoying an evening of song and spirit, be sure to get decked out in your best Badger red and share your selfies on social. Then raise a toast with a favorite beverage. Or, for an extra burst of Badger pride, mix yourself the event’s signature cocktail/mocktail:
The Cardinal and White
- Soda water
- Maraschino cherries
- Vodka (optional)
Pairs well with cheese and crackers.
It’s all a great way to add to the fun of Member Appreciation Month and feel more connected to your member community.