How to Start a WAA Chapter
- Contact WAA! WAA staff will work with you to find alumni in your area and send them a message to gauge their interest in participating in a new chapter.
- Know the expectations for chapters. (See Expectations for WAA-Recognized Chapters.)
- Use the chapter-leader resources on WAA’s website.
- Establish chapter leaders. (Visit uwalumni.com/chapterleader for a suggested organizational chart and job descriptions.)
- Plan your first event.
- Communicate with local alumni through social media and your chapter’s website.
- Have fun!
Our staff is ready to help you! Contact a WAA representative if you have questions or are looking for more ideas.
Geographic Outreach Manager
Chapter and Regional Relations Manager
Director of Regional Relations & Volunteer Management
Managing Director, International Alumni Relations