How to Start a WAA Chapter
- Contact WAA! WAA staff will work with you to find alumni in your area and send them a message to gauge their interest in participating in a new chapter.
- Know the expectations for chapters. (See Expectations for WAA-Recognized Chapters.)
- Use the chapter-leader resources on WAA’s website.
- Establish chapter leaders. (Visit uwalumni.com/chapterleader for a suggested organizational chart and job descriptions.)
- Plan your first event.
- Communicate with local alumni through social media and your chapter’s website.
- Have fun!
Our staff is ready to help you! Contact a WAA representative if you have questions or are looking for more ideas.
Geographic Outreach Manager
Chapter and Regional Relations Manager
Managing Director, State and University Relations
Managing Director, International Alumni Relations
Director of Regional Relations & Volunteer Management
Vice President of Advancement
Engagement Program Specialist