Badger Student Send-Off Celebration Quick Guide
2019 Student Send-Off Materials
Social Media Graphics
- Determine the date and time of event; then secure an accessible venue.
- Submit event details at least six weeks in advance of your event date. Events should take place between mid-July and mid-August.
- Request supplies online at uwalumni.com/chapterleader, if needed.
- Create and post social media invites
- Send pre-event email
- Provide list of walk-ins and attendees to your chapter representative.
- Provide marketing and communication for the event.
- Create event registration.
- Mail print invitations to new undergraduate students four weeks before the event.
- Send email to new undergraduate students, current students, and alumni three weeks before the event.
- Send reminder email to new undergraduate students, current students, and alumni one week before the event.
- Send a post-event email.
- Provide tips, trivia questions and an answer sheet, and social media imagery.
- Provide buttons for family attendees.
- Welcome message from the chapter president and WFAA staff member, if present.
- Panel offering advice from current students or recent graduates.
- Parent panel offering advice from current or recent UW parents.
- Student introductions and ice-breaker activity (involving students’ names, high schools, intended majors, and residence halls).
- Prize drawings for UW memorabilia and small giveaways such UW pens, notepads, or Babcock Hall ice cream coupons.
- Fun food (e.g., decorate your cookie for dessert).
- Fun activities.
- Teach attendees “Varsity” and “On, Wisconsin!”
Day of the Event
- Arrive at the venue early to allow ample time for set-up.
- Prepare volunteers if needed.
- Staff the registration/check-in table.
- Greet students, parents, and alumni as they arrive.
- Network, mingle, and introduce people as much as possible.