Below is a list of the requirements for a chapter to be recognized as an official Wisconsin Alumni Association chapter.
- Submit your leadership roster. (WAA provides an online form through which chapters update the names, positions, and demographic profiles of their board members.)
- Direct all alumni communications through WAA email systems. This is very important. Chapters may not contact local alumni through their own email channels, although they may — and should — have their own social media accounts.
- Establish a board of directors.
- Ensure that chapter officers are UW-Madison alumni and WAA members.
- Use WAA-branded logos and materials for all communications and promotional materials at events.
- Host a Founders’ Day event annually.
- Carry out ongoing fundraising efforts to fund a scholarship program.
- Do not charge chapter dues.