The Social Events Team supports the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) mission and the local WAA chapter by implementing Welcome-Connect-Support by engaging local alumni in a variety of events that include community service projects, holiday events, community events,
family events, and outdoor excursions. This team is responsible for planning and executing of events that display Badger pride and boost the Badger spirit. The Social Events Team works with the Communications Team and WAA staff, as necessary, to market and promote event opportunities to local alumni.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate events to welcome, connect and support alumni with local Badgers and the university
- Plan and coordinate a variety of events based on the interests of chapter members
- Work with the chapter leadership and WAA staff to promote events and encourage alumni participation through e-mail, website, and social media.
- Enthusiasm for organizing and hosting Badger-related events
- Previous event planning experience a plus
- Organization skills a plus
- Personable and good customer service skills
- Creative thinking skills a plus
- Community service projects: Food drive, beach clean-up, school supply drive, sponsor a family at the holidays, partner with a local non-profit (Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics, Boys & Girls Clubs)
- Family picnic
- Holiday events: community concerts, holiday light stroll, Meals on Wheels, serve meals at a soup kitchen, Toys for Tots
- Community events: community theater, community concerts, fairs, festivals
- Outdoor excursions: hiking, camping, rock climbing, whitewater rafting