The Fundraising Team supports the mission of the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) to promote the welfare of and advance the objectives of UW-Madison by encouraging the financial support of student scholarships. This team is responsible for driving the fundraising and stewardship efforts to sustain their local scholarship program through annual days of giving and chapter-driven events. They work closely with their WAA chapter representative to coordinate fundraising efforts, develop stewardship plans, and align processes with WFAA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish annual fundraising goals and objectives to support the chapter scholarship program.
- Participate in annual giving days (Fill the Hill/fall, Day of the Badger/spring):
- Take part in Badger Leaders calls
- Utilize toolkits provided by WAA
- Develop a marketing play for social media to support fundraising
- Request communications to promote giving days including emails and e-newsletters (as permissible)
- Assess annual event calendar and determine opportunities to build in event revenue to support scholarship fundraising goals (i.e. game watches, registration fees, free events, etc.)
- Develop an annual stewardship plan using WAA tools, resources, and in alignment with WFAA practices
- Use Donor Acknowledgement Reports (DAR) to track stewardship completion and share with chapter representative to maintain accurate donor records.
- Comply with blackout dates determined by WFAA. Follow WFAA fundraising
- Previous fundraising and stewardship experience a plus
- Strong social media skills a plus
- Organizational skills
- Creative thinking skills