The Social Events Team supports the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) mission and the local WAA chapter by implementing Welcome-Connect-Support by engaging local alumni in a variety of events. This team is responsible for planning and executing WAA corporate events that are hosted by the local chapter and other events that meet university and chapter priorities. The Events Team works with the Communications Team and WAA staff, as necessary, to market and promote event opportunities to local alumni.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, and implement WAA corporate events to welcome, connect and support alumni: Welcome to the City, Founders’ Day, Students Send-Off
- Work with the chapter leadership and WAA staff to promote events and encourage alumni participation through e-mail, website, and social media.
- Manage registration process, or work with WAA staff for registration support when possible
- Oversee event logistics: secure venues, oversee event programming and content, lead onsite registration and check-in, manage event execution – including set-up and tear down.
- Support events that are organized and/or sponsored by the university or WAA happening in your community, i.e. visiting professors, bowl games, NCAA tournament events, college/school/department events
- Enthusiasm for organizing and hosting Badger-related events
- Previous event planning experience a plus
- Organization skills a plus
- Personable and good customer service skills
- Creative thinking skills a plus