The Chapter Treasurer supports the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) mission by building an inclusive local community of UW alumni and supporters united by Badger pride, spirit, and the desire to advance UW-Madison's positive impact on the world. The chapter Treasurer is responsible for the overall fiscal management of the chapter. The Treasurer manages financial transactions such as disbursement of funds and collection and recording of receipts. The Treasurer handles all banking transactions and provides financial and/or tax reports to chapter leadership and to WAA as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the custodian of chapter funds
- Be the principal disbursing agent for the chapter
- Collect and record receipt of funds and contributions
- Confirm board authorization of expenditures
- Handle banking operations
- Report on chapter finances at board meeting
- Assume responsibility for complete accounting of funds
- File annual tax report, if applicable
- Transfer necessary scholarship funds in a timely manner, if applicable
- Prepare the year-end Treasurer’s Report and submit to WAA, in a timely manner
- Complete necessary training to access WFAA-managed funds on the Advancement Resources Website, if applicable
- Participate in monthly Badger Leaders calls, as appropriate
- Utilize resources provided by WAA
- Ensure alignment with WAA is maintained through communications, engagement, and fundraising.
- Follow WFAA policies and protocols for all events and activities, using registration, email and web support.
- Must be a UW-Madison alum/na
- Understand the WAA mission and purpose of alumni communities.
- Strong affinity to UW-Madison
- Commitment to create an inclusive Badger community
- Ability to maintain communications with WAA
- Ability to stay informed on WAA news, updates, and information through Badger Leaders
- Strong financial-management skills
- Good accounting and math skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous work in a leadership or supervisory role, a plus
- Communication skills and public speaking skills, a plus
- Experience working with and leading volunteers, a plus