The Chapter Secretary supports the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) mission and the local chapter to govern and conduct business officially. The Board Secretary is an important link between the chapter, its board of directors and WAA. The overall responsibility is to keep the chapter organized by helping prepare for and document meetings, document important information such as decisions and attendance and assist the chapter leadership as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a regular schedule of board meetings and board attendance
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Keep the board and WAA informed of meetings, nominations, elections and changes in the board and membership.
- Work with chapter leadership to engage and identify new board members, as necessary
- Remain informed about chapter work and attend at least 2 chapter events a year.
- Provide the chapter and WAA with an annual report on chapter activities in collaboration with the chapter chairs, share board minutes and board rosters as needed or required.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure that the Annual Treasurers Report is submitted to WAA.
- Good organizational skills a plus
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Ability to take direction and assist others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well in a team setting