For use of Badger Bridge and the UW Alumni Directory
Badger Bridge is provided by the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (referred to throughout this document as “WFAA”) and is designed to facilitate communication among members of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (“UW-Madison”) community including alumni and students for non-commercial and/or WFAA-authorized purposes.
Registration for Badger Bridge and use of the site is your agreement to abide by these “Terms and Conditions.”
I. Privacy and Security
Through this website, WFAA will collect certain information from registered community members including: (1) all updates provided in the profile, (2) mentor/mentee relationships, and (3) usage, such as aggregated statistical information about pages accessed, web browsers used, preferences, etc.
WFAA will not share personal information you provide to us via this website with any unaffiliated entity or affinity partner other than for purposes directly authorized by WFAA. All personal information is provided for use by UW-Madison community members and WFAA for authorized purposes only.
WFAA has taken reasonable precautions to secure the personal information available through Badger Bridge. Badger Bridge is password-protected to allow access by registered UW-Madison users only (alumni, students, faculty/staff etc.). Additionally, access to the alumni directory is limited to these users. Through Badger Bridge, you have the ability to indicate if your email address and phone number are visible to other users. Use the Contact & Social settings to set what information is visible to other users of this website. Although these measures are intended to protect personal information available through Badger Bridge from unauthorized access, a certain degree of privacy risk is faced any time information is shared over the internet or by email. Accordingly, WFAA is not responsible for security or confidentiality of information being transmitted via the internet or by e-mail. If you would prefer to not be listed in the Badger Bridge directory, please complete the form at: https://www.uwalumni.com/services/alumni-directory/opting-out/.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. If we alter our privacy and security policy, we will post those changes on this website so you can be aware of changes that may affect you. Any change to this privacy and security policy shall be effective as of the date posted.
II. Policy and Guidelines for Proper Use
To safeguard the operation of Badger Bridge, WFAA has adopted guidelines and policies, including, but not limited to, the specific rules and regulations listed below, by which users of Badger Bridge have agreed to abide by registering as a user.
- Unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting, printing, or duplicating any of the materials or information provided via Badger Bridge is prohibited. You may download or copy any downloadable materials or information displayed on Badger Bridge for home, noncommercial and personal use only, provided that:
- you maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material;
- you agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any material or information accessed through Badger Bridge.
- Use of materials or information available through Badger Bridge for any commercial, public, or political purposes, including any form of fundraising, is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities also include, but are not limited to, solicitations for commercial services, telemarketing of any kind, and mass-mailings (by electronic means or otherwise) for any purpose.
- Users shall neither restrict nor inhibit any other user from enjoying any service on Badger Bridge. Posting of sexually-explicit materials, use of obscene language, posting of vulgar materials, use of vulgar language, and use of abusive, defamatory, profane or threatening language of any kind will constitute a violation of these policies governing Badger Bridge. Additionally, users shall not upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish on or via Badger Bridge any materials or program containing a computer virus or any other harmful, disruptive, or disabling application.
- Badger Bridge is intended to be a professional, productive and welcoming environment in which UW-Madison alumni and students can network and make new professional connections. WFAA reserves the right to remove content if we believe it violates the intent of this site.
- All aliases adopted by Badger Bridge users are subject to approval by WFAA.
- WFAA is not responsible for screening communications in advance, nor will WFAA actively monitor the use of Badger Bridge. For this reason, it is essential that the users of Badger Bridge report any abuses or misuse of, or unauthorized access to, Badger Bridge to WFAA. If WFAA determines that a user’s participation in Badger Bridge creates a liability for WFAA and/or that the user has violated the terms and conditions and policies set forth herein, WFAA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to take actions deemed appropriate against the user. WFAA reserves the right to expel a user and/or deny a user further access to Badger Bridge if that user violates these policies or any applicable laws or regulations or for any other reason WFAA deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
III. Liability and Indemnity
The reliability of the information available through Badger Bridge is largely dependent upon the actions of registered directory users. WFAA will make reasonable efforts to update or keep current this site, but disclaims any responsibility for the content or the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the information contained on this site. To the extent permitted by law, WFAA will not be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance on materials or information obtained or downloaded from this site.
WFAA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT BADGER BRIDGE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIAL. THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIALS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW, WFAA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In no event shall WFAA be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, supplemental, or punitive damages resulting from the use of or inability to use information or materials available on Badger Bridge.
By using Badger Bridge, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WFAA and their respective officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, that may arise from your use of Badger Bridge or your breach of these terms and conditions of use. WFAA will provide notice to you of any such action or claim, and reserves the right to participate in the investigation, settlement and defense of any such action or claim.
IV. Links to Other Websites
This site may provide access to certain links to other internet addresses. Except where otherwise indicated, these external internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by individuals or entities independent of WFAA. WFAA shall not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external internet addresses, and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at the addresses. Access to external internet addresses and use of any information obtained from these addresses is voluntary and at your own risk. Reference in the external internet addresses to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, distributor, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favorable opinion of any product, process, or service by WFAA.
Please note that WFAA may revise these terms and conditions at any time; your continued use of the site constitutes your agreement to comply with such modifications. You should review the policies periodically to ensure that you are familiar with them.
The laws of the State of Wisconsin will govern these terms and conditions of use, without giving effect to its principles of conflicts of laws. By using this site, you agree that the venue of any litigation arising out of or related to your use of Badger Bridge will be in a court of competent subject matter jurisdiction located in Dane County, Wisconsin.
Participation in Badger Bridge is an informative and enjoyable endeavor; however, participation is also a privilege. By registering for an account and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the Badger Bridge policies outlined herein. If you decide not to accept these policies, please discontinue use of this site immediately.