The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising entity for the UW-Madison, is recruiting for a SQL Developer to join our Data Solutions team. The focus for this position will be on database query development, management reporting and data warehouse development.
- Develop, maintain and enhance reports, queries and data exports.
- Develop and test stored procedures, views and functions.
- Perform quality checks on reports and exports to ensure exceptional quality.
- Provide business users the data required for metrics and analysis.
- Design and develop SQL databases and write applications to interface with SQL databases.
- Develop and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to meet business needs.
- Create and maintain documentation for all projects.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy:
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Four year degree, or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of experience as either a Database Programmer or an Application Developer.
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), TSQL and Stored Procedures
- Experience producing reports, data exports and other data related tasks.
- Experience working with non-technical users.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Dedicated to completing assigned tasks on time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong decision making skills
Other Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with relational and dimensional data modeling principles and techniques
- Experience with data exploration and visualization tools like Tableau or Qlik
- Experience with XML, XSLT, and schema files
- Experience in creation of automated unit test cases
- Experience in automated builds
- Familiarity in a fundraising or not for profit environment
- Experience with CRM, ERP and/or Financial Reporting systems
- Experience with the Agile Project methodology
This is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Data Solutions. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit program.
To be considered, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Application deadline: November 15.