The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is recruiting for a qualified individual to join its Research and Prospect Management team as a Prospect Research Student Associate. In support of the RPM team, the Prospect Research Student Associate provides prospect information in support of effective fundraising programs and activities. This position synthesizes, analyzes and disseminates prospect information to development officers and other staff as appropriate and provides administrative support to the RPM team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Prospect Information Duties
- As requested by RPM staff, collect and analyze relevant information on individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of fundraising efforts.
- Monitor publications and alerts for alumni and donor updates. Document pertinent information in donor database, and route to appropriate staff. Alert RPM staff of prospects discovered.
- Coordinate with UW Foundation, Wisconsin Alumni Association and campus partners to document alumni in the news.
- Locate new contact information for alumni and donors.
- Gather background and updated contact information on new prospects to ensure database records are complete and correct.
Prospect Qualification Duties
- Research individual assets available through publicly disclosed records, such as real estate.
- Use research techniques to verify wealth screening results.
- Cross-reference screening results with existing wealth data.
- Track newly discovered prospects and referrals in donor database.
- Complete database clean-up projects.
- Support RPM team in administrative tasks.
Participate as member of Research & Prospect Management Team
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings.
- Share best practices and provide training for research colleagues.
- Build knowledge of prospect research best practices.
- Build knowledge of development best practices.
- Participate in team trainings, seminars, or webinars.
- Some college coursework completed with a preference for degree students in SLIS, marketing, communications or a similar major;
- Demonstrated experience in research utilizing internet and subscription resources;
- Familiarity with using a variety of online databases and internet search tools;
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel, is required;
- Experience with relational databases preferred;
- Ability to prioritize and work with a high degree of independence;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- High degree of customer service skills;
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, including ability to express all appropriate information clearly and concisely, whether written or verbal;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Understanding of basic financial principles and an unwavering attention and commitment to matters of discretion and confidentiality.
This position requires a 20 hour/week commitment during the school year with 40 hours/week during winter break, spring break and summer. This position reports to the Prospect Research Manager.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Application deadline is March 24, 2017.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.