The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is seeking an experienced professional to join the Alumni Relations and Engagement Team. The Director of Student and Recent Graduate Engagement will develop strategies to engage current students and recent UW graduates with the university and alumni network, aligning initiatives across the Advancement enterprise and enhancing ways in which students can participate, volunteer, give, join and interact.
Lead student engagement through the semi-annual “Welcome to Alumnihood” engagement / marketing campaign
- Lead and oversee WFAA-sponsored commencement engagement activities
- Serve as the WFAA point person for the Chancellor’s Office on issues related to commencement and student engagement
- Recruit and oversee alumni volunteers for ceremonies
Lead and grow student philanthropy, in close collaboration with the annual giving team
- Organize and oversee events and activities related to student philanthropy
- Liaison with the UW-Madison Class Officers
Oversee the two WFAA student organizations – Wisconsin Alumni Student Board (WASB) and Homecoming
- Supervise the Graduate Student Advisor
- Align student organization activities with WFAA priorities and objectives
- Ensure the positive and effective use of the WAA brand
- Build a culture of philanthropy within student organizations
Lead and grow student and recent graduate engagement through innovative programs and activities
- Create an engagement plan that reflects the student lifecycle and builds a tradition of student engagement from the first year on campus
- Design programmatic, communication and marketing strategies to support engagement goals, leveraging student milestones and organizational assets
Collaborate with colleagues to increase student and recent graduate engagement and enhance their experience with existing engagement areas
- Seek synergies with shared engagement objectives in program areas: Homecoming, Diverse Alumni Engagement, Chapters, Lifelong Learning
- Serve as a key resource to foster student-to-alumni mentoring and career networks
- Integrate students with volunteer, advocacy, and membership programs
Serve as a WFAA liaison to Student Life, the Parent Program and other campus units closely tied with student experience
- Represent WFAA on collaborative program committees
- Seek engagement collaborations where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with student life, student organizations or residential life communities;
- Experience planning and executing major events or engagement activities;
- Experience with fund raising or student philanthropy campaigns;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Desired Experience, Competencies & Traits
- Experience supervising and managing full and part time staff;
- Knowledge of marketing principles and strategy;
- Knowledge or experience with project management tools and processes;
- Strong social media background;
- Experience and familiarity with UW-Madison is highly desirable.
This is an exempt, full time position reporting to the Managing Director, State Relations. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Application deadline: September 29, 2017.