The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), is recruiting for a technically-savvy, early-career professional to join our Digital Marketing team. As a Digital Producer, the person in this position will work closely with colleagues to develop and distribute email campaigns for WFAA, its alumni chapters and campus partners. The Digital Producer also works with fellow Digital Marketing team members to strategize, develop and execute digital content concepts for WFAA and its alumni chapters. To do so effectively, candidates must be comfortable working with HTML and CSS and have a solid understanding of fundamental web technologies. As someone in regular contact with alumni chapter leaders and internal stakeholders, customer service and effective communication skills are critical for success in this role.
The Digital Producer will develop and produce content for digital channels, including web, email and social media. He or she will use digital production processes and resources to maximize efficient and effective workflows. The Digital Producer serves as a liaison to cross-functional teams and alumni chapters, and advises on digital marketing options, challenges and best practices.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Email production and distribution (50%)
- In conjunction with colleagues, develop and distribute email campaigns for WFAA, its alumni chapters and campus partners.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the technical workings of HTML email including coding techniques and best practices to ensure consistent display of content in a wide range of email clients.
- Assist in the planning, design and development of targeted email campaigns for acquisition, retention and ongoing communications.
- Collect email and web analytics and report on email or web performance to colleagues and partners.
- Advise WFAA and campus partners regarding best practices and consult on application of best practices to achieve greatest results in email efforts.
Web content production (35%)
- Effectively manage work on a broad set of projects and deliverables.
- Research and advise on latest technologies. Propose new technologies or techniques that can improve digital experiences and results.
- Ensure a high level of quality control and work with colleagues to constantly evaluate and improve digital content quality.
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure email marketing efforts are well-paced and schedules don’t conflict with one another.
- Ensure consistent branding and editorial style of digital communication products.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure web content on WFAA websites is regularly audited for timeliness and accuracy.
- Collaborate with colleagues to strategize, develop and execute digital content concepts for WFAA and its alumni chapters.
- Publish digital content including written content, digital photography and video on uwalumni.com, supportuw.org and other WFAA web properties.
Digital marketing consultation and training (15%)
- Consult with colleagues and chapter leaders regarding best practices and assure brand quality standards are maintained.
- Lead or assist training and education of staff and volunteers on use of digital tools.
- Maintain high awareness of trends and best practices in digital marketing and communications, and social media.
- Identify ways to best leverage digital channels to achieve desired results and advise colleagues in this area.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy:
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis or certifications in digital media, marketing, communications, information technologies or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in digital production, including web content and HTML email required.
- High language skills, intermediate mathematical skills, high reasoning ability.
- Intermediate HTML and CSS experience.
- Proficiency with Dreamweaver or HTML editing applications.
- Proficiency with WordPress.
- Proficiency with Photoshop or equivalent image editing applications.
- Experience developing and distributing bulk email campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of user-experience principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality communications output characterized by clean layout, good grammar and consistent style.
- Knowledge of and experience delivering content through digital platforms for optimal user experience.
- Knowledge of digital industry trends, best practices, strategies and techniques. Experience using project management technology tools.
- Experience working with colleagues possessing varied levels of technical acumen and providing great customer service.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, frequent hand/wrist repetitions and frequent fine motor movements.
- High written and oral language skills; intermediate mathematical skills; high reasoning ability; high-paced, multi-tasking environment.
This is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Digital Experience and Production Manager. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program.
To be considered, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. To be considered in the first round of resume review, please submit materials by December 11, 2017. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled, so apply now.