The Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is recruiting a bright, creative and energetic professional to oversee the day-to-day management of the student caller phone program (Badger Call). This position will be responsible for increasing both unrestricted dollars raised and overall alumni giving participation.
Badger Call is a phone outreach program conducted by a team of student callers as part of a broader multi-tactic integrated marketing and advancement effort. Last year, badger Call accounted for $2.8million and over 14,000 gifts.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Call Center Management Execution (40%)
- Lead the strategic direction for nightly shifts.
- Execute calling strategy for acquisition, renewal, upgrade and stewardship campaigns to meet annual goals.
- In conjunction with the Annual Giving & Marketing teams, develop annual Badger Call strategic plans to meet specified annual campaign goals.
- Ability to take ownership of a program including innovative and creative approaches to maximize the potential of the Badger Call.
- Manage correspondence, questions and research generated by the telephone program.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations independently and efficiently.
Analytics, Reporting and Insights (30%)
- Produces campaign reports and key performance metrics to report and optimize phone channel efficiency.
- Monitor, evaluate, and benchmark key performance indicators and report performance to senior leadership.
- Provides insights on campaign results and recommends improvement opportunities.
- Analyzes daily, weekly and quarterly statistics to offer insight on statistical trends.
Recruitment and Supervision of Badger Call Employees (20%)
- Recruit, screen, interview and hire qualified applicants for student caller and management
- Manage and provide mentorship and employee development opportunities for student managers, focusing on maximizing returns in all operations of the Badger Call with optimal efficiencies.
- Assembles and manages employees regarding technique, performance, attendance, etc., including addressing issues and concerns.
- Conducts performance reviews and recommends advancement opportunities.
- Create a successful motivational plan for staff to increase retention and enhance channel performance.
- Develop new and creative ways to utilize student callers.
Other Duties, as needed (10%)
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values, and philosophy
- The transforming impact of the UW Madison;
- The treatment of all with high ethical and behavioral standards including honesty, integrity, respect, courtesy, and dignity;
- The spirit, involvement, participation, engagement, and impact of alumni and friends with the UW-Madison and with each other;
- The joy of giving and the power of philanthropy;
- The interdependent nature of all aspects of the Parties’ collective relationships in fulfilling their missions; and
- The highest level of stewardship of the investment of donors’ philanthropy in support of the UW-Madison and the relationships and trust accrued through alumni development and engagement activities.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Able to use metrics to drive decisions;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading large teams in nonprofit, sales, customer service, marketing or another comparable field;
- Experience with automated dialing software, especially CAMPUSCALL;
- Microsoft Office experience required, with a strong preference toward intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of best practices of a call center;
- High degree of written and oral communication skills. Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as to organize work priorities, multi-task, and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to break down complicated concepts into teachable topics;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates clear leadership ability and sets expectations.
This is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Director of Start-Up Campaigns. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on February 8, 2017.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.