The Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is recruiting a bright, innovative and energetic professional to join the growing Annual Giving Team. The Assistant Director, Annual Giving is responsible for developing and managing targeted annual giving programs to increase participation and revenue from priority special constituent groups, such as parents and students, while assisting with stewardship and leadership annual giving efforts.
Lead the annual giving strategy, planning, and growth for special constituent groups
- Drive program and campaign strategy to increase revenue and participation for parents and students.
- Develop strategies to assist development with identification and cultivation of high-capacity parent prospects and donors.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the Parent & Family Program to serve as a key resource to ensure parent giving and engagement opportunities are maximized and coordinated across WFAA and UW-Madison.
- In coordination with the Director of Student and Recent Grad Engagement, develop and execute a student philanthropy and giving roadmap aimed at educating current students about the importance of philanthropy at UW-Madison.
- Monitor special constituent annual giving results and make campaign corrections as necessary.
Assist with the evaluation, development, and implementation of new annual giving channels and tactics
- Develop and manage strategy for implementation of a crowdfunding solution
- Work collaboratively with Analytics to research and develop audience profiles and tactics to better reach students, young alumni and parents.
- Support the Director, Annual Giving on strategic efforts including a Day of Giving, recurring giving, enhanced stewardship and redeveloping leadership annual giving strategies.
Assist the Director, Annual Giving with ongoing analysis of fundraising progress and peer school benchmarking projects.
Manage Badger Call activities to optimize channel performance within annual giving and the greater WFAA advancement strategies
- In collaboration with the Ruffalo Noel Levitz on-site manager, oversee the Badger Call activities and provide updates and recommendations for channel optimization.
- Coordinate educational training for Badger Call student employees and visit schedule for campus partners.
- Responsible for completion and maintenance of Badger Call student employee paperwork.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy:
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience related to fundraising, direct marketing, donor relations, stewardship or annual giving
- Strong knowledge of annual giving industry
- Data-driven, ability to manage multiple projects at once, self-starter with attention to detail, and mindfulness of project management.
- Familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization tool and Blackbaud products. High-level proficiency with MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge and passion for UW-Madison and higher education.
This is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Director, Annual Giving. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program.
To be considered, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: November 20.