The Wisconsin Alumni Association invites you to take advantage of the wealth of alumni knowledge and professional leadership in your city. In today’s competitive society, it’s great to know such alumni are ready to help you in your career — whether you’re on a job hunt or not.
- Tackle “Powerful Career Changes” with keynote speaker John Stanoch ’80 who’s been a state official, senior judge, and communications executive
- Make valuable contacts during roundtable discussions with leaders in the fields of marketing, e-commerce, finance, technology, communications, law, consulting, and more
- Gain actionable tips while mingling with in-the-know alumni
The cost of $10 per person includes hors d’oeuvres and one drink. The dress code is business casual. The deadline to register online is Wednesday, Feb. 22, by 12 p.m. Walk-ins on the day of the event are welcome.
Schedule (subject to change)
5:30-6 p.m. Registration and reception
6-6:45 p.m. Roundtable discussions
6:45-7:30 p.m. Welcome and keynote presentation featuring John Stanoch
7:30–8 p.m. Closing reception and networking
- Russell Betts ’94, philanthropic adviser, Minneapolis Foundation
- Adrianne Bowen ’00, partner and general and trauma surgeon, North Memorial Health Care
- James Chosy ’86, executive vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary, US Bank
- Karlynn Fronek ’66, independent public relations and communications professional
- Ben Havn ’99, MBA’04, owner and CEO, Daily Dose Café and Espresso
- Kurt Johnson ’98, director of financial planning analysis, Arctic Cat
- Heidi Keefe ’90, senior manager of global consumer insights, General Mills
- Jenny Patzlaff ’01, senior logistics manager, Target
- Matt Pierre ’90, director of eCommerce, General Mills
- Ion James Skillrud ’04, senior manager, Deloitte Consulting
- Connie Yu ’90, IT solutions architect, Target
Keynote Speaker: John Stanoch ’80
Stanoch currently serves on the board of Medica Health Plans. Prior to that appointment, he was an interim president and CEO of the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce. He was also an interim president of the Science Museum of Minnesota and the president and CEO of Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Upper Midwest. As well, Stanoch served as president of the Minnesota and North Dakota State of Qwest Communications International and as Minnesota’s chief deputy attorney general and as a Hennepin County district court judge. He has also served as a senior judge in the Minnesota state court system. Stanoch serves on the board of the Minnesota Council of Churches Foundation and on the board of visitors for the University of Wisconsin–Madison Department of Political Science. He is active in a wide range of community and professional organizations, including service as chair of the Science Museum of Minnesota’s board of trustees, chair of the board of directors of the Minnesota Regional Chamber of Commerce, president of the Minnesota District Judges Association, and a board member of the Greater Minneapolis YMCA, Minnesota Business Partnership, and the Minnesota Orchestra.
Registrations canceled seven calendar days before the event will be eligible for a refund, minus a $5-per-person cancellation fee.
Please consider using the Plaza parking ramp (117 12th Street S.) or the Loring parking ramp (1300 Nicollet Mall).
Contact Kristina Zignego at 608-308-5415.
Success and the Cities: Twin Cities is presented by the Wisconsin Alumni Association® in partnership with Target and General Mills.