The Wisconsin Alumni Association invites you to take advantage of the wealth of alumni knowledge and professional leadership in your city. In today’s competitive society, it’s great to know such alumni are ready to help you in your career and at the hub for networking, the LinkedIn Office.
- Be inspired by keynote speakers Jason Gay ’92, a sports columnist and author; and Richard Davies ’79, senior managing director at AB Global
- Make valuable contacts during roundtable discussions with leaders in the fields of marketing, business development, venture capital, social media, public relations and communications, law, journalism, and more
- Gain actionable tips while mingling with in-the-know alumni
The cost of $10 per person includes hors d’oeuvres and hosted beer and wine. The dress code is business casual.
IMPORTANT: Preregistration is required due to security requirements at the Empire State Building. Unregistered guests and walk-in registrations will not be accepted.
The registration deadline is Monday, March 6, by 12 p.m.
Schedule (subject to change)
- 5:30–6 p.m. Registration
- 6–6:35 p.m. Keynote presentation featuring Jason Gay and Richard Davies
- 6:45–7:30 p.m. Roundtable discussions
- 7:30–8 p.m. Closing reception and networking
- Bassey Etim ’08, community desk editor, New York Times
- Peter Graham ’89, senior VP, general counsel, HR, CCO, Antares Pharma
- Lee Hawkins, news editor and reporter, Wall Street Journal
- Katie Hepler ’07, account director, Carrot
- Phil Kanfer ’02, national director of business development, WiredScore
- Michelle Langer ’12, associate producer, MSNBC
- Jimmy Lyons ’08, CEO and cofounder, AdvisorConnect
- Talya Minsberg ’11, social strategy editor, New York Times
- Joshua Perkiel ’00, sales manager, LinkedIn
- Lance Pillersdorf ’00, partner and cofounder, Stillwell Partners
- John Soper ’12, web producer, Huge
Keynote Speakers: Jason Gay ’92 and Richard Davies ’79
Gay is a sports columnist at the Wall Street Journal. He has written for publications including Vogue, GQ, Rolling Stone, Outside, and the New York Observer. Gay is also the author of Little Victories: Perfect Rules for Imperfect Living, now in paperback. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his family and a passive-aggressive cat.
Davies is senior managing director and global head of defined contribution at AB Global, responsible for the overall leadership and strategic direction of AB’s global defined contribution and multiasset businesses. He previously served as cohead of institutions for the firm’s North America Client Group while leading its U.S. defined contribution activities. Davies joined AB in 1995 from First Chicago Corporation, where he served as president of retail investment services and was a managing director of First Chicago Investment Management Company. He chairs the advisory board of the University of Wisconsin’s economics department. Davies is a trustee of the Employee Benefit Research Institute and was a founder of the Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association.
Registrations cancelled seven calendar days before the event will be eligible for a refund, minus a $5-per-person cancellation fee.
Contact Kristina Zignego at 608-308-5415.
This event is presented by the Wisconsin Alumni Association® in partnership with LinkedIn and the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.