Additional Welcome to the City Materials
On September 8, 2016, in cities across America, chapters will host Welcome to the City events. It is an opportunity to meet other Badgers in your area and learn about the chapters’ various activities, celebrations, and networking opportunities.
- Choose and confirm the venue and food and drink plans.
- Event details need to be submitted six weeks prior to the event date.
- Request supplies online, if needed.
- Provide marketing and communication for the event.
- Provide event registration.
- Provide raffle prizes for attendees.
- Manage the marketing timeline:
- Email invitations to recent grads four weeks before the event.
- Email reminders one and a half to two weeks before the event.
- Send thank-you emails with a post-event survey.
Day of the Event
- Arrive at the venue early to allow ample time for set-up.
- Take care of logistical details.
- Set up a registration/check-in area.
- Greet attendees as they arrive.
- Mingle, introduce attendees, and network as much as possible.
- Host the event at a familiar venue: e.g., the chapter’s game-watch location or a Badger-owned business.
- Provide a cash bar.
- Ensure that the venue is accessible.
- Anticipate parking needs and accommodations; disseminate information about these details.
- Plan décor and room arrangements, if necessary.