Official Badger Bowl Tour
Bowl Tour Hotlines
Tour package questions?
Day-of-Game and BADGER HUDDLE® questions?
Call 888-WAA-TRAV (922-8728).
Game Ticket Information
The Pep Rally has been announced!
Day-of-Game and Travel packages are sold out.
View the BADGER HUDDLE® map.
Packages are sold out
It’s official! The Badgers are set to play in the Holiday Bowl on December 30, 2015. Make the call now to celebrate with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® (WAA) and cheer on the team.
As the official travel partner of Wisconsin Athletics, the Official Badger Bowl Tour is the only tour that offers perks, access, convenience, and camaraderie.
BADGER HUDDLE® ticket sales are now closed and will not be sold at the door of the event.
Testimonials from past travelers
“The WAA staff designed a perfect bowl experience.”
— Katie Farness
“Every detail was taken care of so we could enjoy the events without worrying about anything.”
— Amy Van Alstine
Travel Packages and Game-Day Events
Travel Packages, Day-of-Game Packages and BADGER HUDDLE® tickets are sold out. Game tickets are still available through Wisconsin Athletics.
- Do I have to be a UW-Madison graduate or Wisconsin Alumni Association® (WAA) member to travel with WAA? No! Everyone is welcome to travel with WAA: alumni, students, WAA members, families, fans, and friends.
- May I arrive early and/or stay longer after the actual tour? Yes, as long as you purchase a land-only tour. Then simply request the additional nights you’d like when booking your tour.
- What if I need to fly to San Diego from somewhere other than Madison? You may book your flight independently from any airport and join the tour at the hotel by purchasing a land-only package.
- When will I know the times of the charter flights? Charter Flight Information is as follows:
Depart: Madison, Dec. 28 at 10 a.m.Arrive: San Diego at 12:05 p.m.Depart: San Diego, Dec. 31 at 10 a.m.Arrive: Madison at 3:35 p.m.
- How do I get from the airport to the hotel? If you are on a charter air tour, transfers will be provided. If you purchased a land-only package, transportation to the hotel is on your own. Your tour-package offerings will begin upon arrival at your hotel.
- What does the VIP welcome cruise include? We’ll walk to the harbor to board our private yacht for a sunset harbor cruise that includes hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. We recommend taking a light jacket on the cruise.
- Are Official Badger Bowl Tour participants staying at the team hotel? Yes. We offer a team-hotel option, and, new this year, we are also offering packages that include the opportunity to stay at the UW Marching Band hotel.
- May I purchase only charter air from Madison? Yes, an air-only option is available for $1,395 per person. This package includes round-trip transfers between the airport and the Grand Hyatt Manchester and meet-and-greet services by uniformed, experienced PrimeSport staff members. Please contact PrimeSport at 866-373-5073 for more details.
- Can you accommodate my mobility issues? Please notify our tour operator, PrimeSport, immediately at 866-373-5073. PrimeSport will make every effort to accommodate any mobility issues. Some walking is inherent in all athletic sports events tours. For this particular tour, travelers should be comfortable walking, or maneuvering their own mobility vehicle, for more than a mile. If you use a wheelchair, you will want to have a responsible companion with you.
- Must I buy BADGER HUDDLE® tickets separately if I’m on the tour? No. BADGER HUDDLE® tickets are included in every tour package.
- How is the price for the BADGER HUDDLE® determined? We factor in the all-you-can-eat food, included beverages, musical entertainment, appearances by Bucky Badger and the UW Spirit Squad, and additional bowl activities that surround the Huddle when we determine the ticket price for the BADGER HUDDLE®. Our intent is for the resulting cost to be far less than what an individual would need to pay to replicate such an experience. As the only official Wisconsin pre-game tailgate event, we believe that the BADGER HUDDLE® offers a great value for the price of admission.
- What food will be served at the BADGER HUDDLE®?
Smoked Texas Brisket Sandwiches, Smoked Chicken, Vegetarian Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches Johnsonville Brats, Veggie BBQ Baked Beans, Coleslaw, Watermelon, Chips and No-nut fudge brownies. Beverages: Soda, Bottled Water, Beer & Wine (Beer is Miller Lite, Leinie’s Sunset Wheat and High Life )- Also Redd’s Apple Ale (Gluten Free). A cash bar will NOT be available.
- What activities will be at the HUDDLE®?
The UW Marching Band and Spirit Squad will make an appearance. We will also have Airbrush Tattoos, crazy horseshoes, giant jenga, bags and a bouncy house.
- Where are the seats located in the football stadium? Seating locations will be known when WAA receives the tickets from the Wisconsin Athletics ticket office roughly two weeks prior to departure.
- May I sit with my friends? Most likely. If your friends booked the Official Badger Bowl Tour independently from you, just let us know their names, and we’ll make every effort to seat you next to each other for the game. If your friends are traveling on their own or through another tour provider, we cannot control seating.
- Where in the stadium will my seats be located?
Tickets will be in the Wisconsin section, the Southeast corner of the stadium.
- Can I just purchase a ticket to the bowl game?
Game tickets via Wisconsin Athletics.
- How do I find out about other fan events in the area? Visit this site regularly to find the latest details about activities surrounding the bowl.
- Can you give me more details about the Kickoff Luncheon? The Bank of America Merrill Lynch Kickoff Luncheon is an optional event to be held on Tuesday, Dec. 29, in the Indigo Ballroom of the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Business attire is requested. Individual tickets (at $60 each) are available for purchase as optional add-ons to your tour package or from the Holiday Bowl directly.
- Tell me more about the parade. The Port of San Diego Holiday Bowl Parade will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 30, on Harbor Drive, beginning at 10 a.m. Reserved grandstand seating may be purchased for $20 per seat on or before December 23, but streetside viewing is free. Tickets can be purchased by contacting the Holiday Bowl office at 619-283-5808 or at SanDiegoBowlGames.com. The parade route begins at the San Diego County Administration Building on Harbor Drive, then proceeds south on Harbor Drive to Seaport Village.
- What is included with my Day-of-Game Package?
Each package includes one ticket to the special bowl edition of the BADGER HUDDLE® and one game ticket to the Holiday Bowl in the Wisconsin section.
- How do I get my tailgate and/or game ticket(s) if I purchased through the Wisconsin Alumni Association?
If you purchase BADGER HUDDLE® or Day-of-Game Packages on or before December 16, 2015, we can either mail them to you or you may pick them up on the day of the event at the entrance to the BADGER HUDDLE®. This choice is available during registration. If you selected to have your tickets mailed, they will be mailed via USPS Priority Express on December 17, 2015, to the address provided during registration. Estimated delivery is 1-2 business days).Tickets purchased on or after December 17, 2015, will be available for pick up during any of the following:
- Grand Manchester Hyatt hotel (1 Market Place, San Diego, CA) on Tuesday, Dec. 29 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Entrance of the BADGER HUDDLE® on Wednesday, Dec. 30
- Is parking included with my ticket the BADGER HUDDLE®?
Parking is not included. Parking is available at the Stadium for $20. Please visit the Holiday Bowl website for additional information. The Stadium is also located on the Trolley Green Line using the “Qualcomm Stadium Station” stop.
- Will I be allowed to come and go at the BADGER HUDDLE®?
As long as you have a wrist band you will be able to reenter.
- Where is the BADGER HUDDLE® located?
The BADGER HUDDLE® is located at Qualcomm Stadium, Section L of the Parking Lot. This event is outdoors, please dress accordingly. Map coming soon.
- How far is the stadium from the BADGER HUDDLE®?
The huddle is in the parking lot of Qualcomm Stadium, just a short walk to gates K, L and M. Those needing assistance getting from the HUDDLE® to the game should contact Qualcomm Stadium’s guest services: 619-281-6316.
- When does the BADGER HUDDLE® Open?
The BADGER HUDDLE® will be open December 30, 2015 from 4–6:30 p.m. PT
Please review the cancellation policy. All football ticket and BADGER HUDDLE® ticket sales are final.
Additional Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are plenty of great alumni and fan events in San Diego surrounding Wisconsin’s appearance in the Holiday Bowl. Can’t make it to San Diego? Check out a game watching event in your area.
No events found. See full event calendar.
UW Marching Band Appearances
Dec. 29: Battles of the Bands and Kickoff Luncheon
Dec. 30: Holiday Bowl Parade
Dec. 30: BADGER HUDDLE® Tailgate
Dec. 30: Pregame and halftime show of the National University Holiday Bowl